Manager, Accounting Remote, North America
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,800+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
This role will be 100% remote based in the US.
The General Ledger Accounting team are responsible for providing timely and accurate month end close financials, that are GAAP compliant.
Don’t have a ton of knowledge about GitLab yet? Don’t worry. We have an extensive onboarding and training program at GitLab and you will be provided with necessary DevOps and GitLab knowledge to fulfill your role.
- Guides and controls the teams' general accounting activities, including recording company transactions, classifications, and reconciliation of account balances in accordance with GAAP and company policy
- Responsibilities include closing the books under generally accepted accounting principles, performing accounting research, preparing/reviewing SEC financial reporting, developing audit procedures and controls
- Help manage a timely and accurate month end close by reviewing various journal entries and account reconciliations for cash, prepaids, accruals, inter-company, fixed assets payroll, financial statement consolidation process (including foreign currency re-measurement, translation and allocations, etc) and other various accounts.
- Lead process improvement initiatives in Financial Close, Consolidation and Reporting areas and provide recommendations based on Financial Close & Consolidations leading practices
- Review and/or prepare flux analysis for month end that summarizes and tells the "story" of the activity.
- Collect business requirements and apply financial concepts to translate them into solution design and proposes recommendations for changes and improvements to accounting policies/procedures
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation and reporting of financial information and ensuring that information adheres to GAAP and internal company policies
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 key controls in the financial areas of responsibility, as applicable, and work with IA to update key controls as necessary
- Implements new accounting policies and ensures those policies are communicated to team as well as the business
- Monitor the need for business process improvements and assist with the design processes, procedures, and reporting enhancements to improve financial and operational processes.
- Support the design and implementation of new policies and procedures related to audit requirements and business activities.
- Play a vital part in the company's financial management which includes account reconciliations and reporting to necessary parties.
- Part of the development and implementation of systems related to the accounting team.
- Guides and partners with cross-functional teams to develop and implement approved changes
- Having knowledge and insight special accounting functions such as mergers and acquisitions. And helping get the accounting and entries correct.
- Prepares and/or reviews reports supporting internal and external audits
- Mentors, guides, and develops employees through orientation, training, establishment of goals, communication of policies and rules, and constructive discipline; Strengthens morale and motivation
- Participate in the preparation of monthly and quarterly management slide deck
- Works with internal and external audit as needed
- 8-9 years experience with 2-3 years in public accounting
- Have or actively pursuing CPA
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and/or Google Docs and Sheets
- Experience working with international subsidiaries, including statutory reporting requirements, strongly preferred
- Flexible to meet changing priorities and the ability to prioritize workload to achieve on time accurate results
- Detail-oriented, self-directed and able to effectively complete tasks with minimal supervision
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
Also, we know it’s tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don’t have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/5862929002