Manager, Accounting United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Manager, Accounting to join our General Ledger (GL) team. This role will manage individuals that execute on day-to-day and month-end close accounting in various balance sheet accounts including Cash, Prepaids, Accruals and oversee daily operations, monthly/periodic fluctuations, perform account analysis and ensure a timely and scalable monthly close and review of related reconciliations. In addition to the core accounting responsibilities, this individual will partner with our M&A integration teams and assist in successfully executing portions of existing and future M&A integrations into Twilio’s accounting function.This role requires significant cross-functional partnering on policy and process alignment. We are looking for an individual with a proven track record managing a broad scope and a passion for process improvement to join a collaborative team-based working environment. The successful candidate possesses a solid operational and technical accounting background, strong project management skills, leadership capabilities, is comfortable in a fast paced, high growth environment, enjoys teaching/training and works proactively to drive results. This role will report to and work closely with the Senior Manager of Accounting (OpEx/GL) and will have direct reports.
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and has experience in the accounting close process at a large multinational company, preferably publicly traded. They also have:
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in companies with $1B+ in annual revenue, with a mix of public accounting and industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. CPA license or equivalent
- Strong understanding of and passion for GAAP accounting principles and procedures
- Robust experience and interest in achieving a timely and smooth close process, as well as attentiveness and accuracy in reviewing multiple reconciliations
- A proven track record of effectual project management and the ability to drive projects to closure. Ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks and thrive in a high-growth, constantly evolving environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of SOX controls, experience with adoption preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and succinctly in writing and verbally across all levels of the organization.
As an Accounting Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze accounting transactions, ensure proper supporting documentation and reconciliations are in place, document clear desktop procedures for your processes and related controls.
- DRAW THE OWL: Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to break down issues, identify applicable course of action, accounting guidance and relevant assumptions and propose solutions.
- BE AN OWNER: Be a leader and a specialist in your areas of responsibility. Take end-to-end ownership of all aspects of your projects.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and treat your cross-functional partners as your customers.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and integrity in analyzing accounting issues and reaching conclusions.
The Accounting team at Twilio is essential to our continued growth as a company and ensuring that we produce accurate and complete financials in a timely and efficient manner.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $90,752 - $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $79,408 - $109,186
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3483126