Manager, Accounting United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Accounting Manager to join our General Ledger (GL) accounting team and manage individuals that execute on our day-to-day and month-end close accounting in the areas of: investments, M&A, cash, prepaids and accruals. This individual must be comfortable in a fast paced, high growth environment and ensure a timely and scalable monthly hard-close while collaborating with multiple internal functions such as Corporate Development, Sales & Marketing, Technical Accounting, among others. We are looking for an individual with a passion and proven track record in GAAP accounting to join a collaborative team-based working environment. The successful candidate will be detailed in their review of journal entries, timely in their performance of SOX controls, review of month-end reconciliations and enjoy teaching/training their team. This role will report to a Director of Accounting.
Twilio is looking for an individual who lives the Twilio Magic and also has:
- 5+ years in the accounting field with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Public company and public accounting experience preferred.
- Able to communicate clearly and succinctly in writing and verbally to multiple levels within the organization.
- Strong understanding and passion for GAAP accounting principles and procedures as you will review journal entries and reconciliations.
- Strong understanding of SOX controls.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects/tasks and thrive in a high-growth, constantly evolving environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; CPA is highly preferred.
- Experience with Oracle ERP a plus.
- Experience with banking platforms for cash reconciliation and reporting, Nolan and Clearwater a plus.
As an Accounting Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Ensure desktop procedures exist for all areas of team ownership and clearly evidence SOX controls.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Own the close process over the areas outlined above and recommend simplifications to existing processes.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Provide intellectual honesty and data driven decisions.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ensure team alignment with overall functional goals (BPMs) and deliver on agreed upon deliverables in pre-set timelines.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Energize your team; encourage and support growth through coaching; appropriately challenge them with new exposures and opportunities.
The Accounting team at Twilio is essential to our continued growth as a company and ensuring that we produce accurate and complete financials in an efficient manner. Twilio is a complex, high-growth, quickly evolving business. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $90,752 - $124,784
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $79,408 - $109,186
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3068596