Major Gifts Stewardship Manager Worldwide
Company: Wikimedia Foundation
MAJOR GIFTS STEWARDSHIP MANAGER
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that operates Wikipedia – one of the most popular websites in the world, accessed by over 1.8 billion unique devices every month. It is the only non-profit in the top 50 websites, supported by a community of millions of individual donors around the world.
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Major Gifts Stewardship Manager, reporting to the Senior Director of Development. This is a new role that will play a critical part in the maturation of the Wikimedia Foundation’s major gifts program.
In this role you will lead a team of 3 specialists and will be responsible for ongoing, at-scale stewardship of our major donors and securing annual support from this donor cohort. As a result of your team’s efforts, our major donors will feel more connected to our mission and will choose to continue their support at increased giving levels and for longer periods of time.
Learn more about Wikimedia Foundation fundraising by reading our annual fundraising reports.
You are responsible for:
- Leading the strategy and execution of our annual, scaled fundraising campaigns to raise gifts of $1,000 and above. Guiding a team of experienced specialists responsible for implementation of our fundraising campaigns, including campaign management and production. Coordination with digital fundraising and fundraising operations team leaders to ensure effective campaigns and to find mutually beneficial innovations.
- Leading the strategy and execution of our major donor stewardship communications. Guiding the specialist responsible for content generation and coordinating with gift officers and Endowment team to understand their needs and collaborate with them to generate solutions.
- Driving efficiencies and improvements to our campaigns and communications with the goal of increasing acquisition, retention and upgrades.
- Managing the grant writing and grant reporting processes, including ensuring grantors receive appropriate stewardship. Guiding the specialist responsible for grant writing and reporting. Assist Sr. Director in driving improvements to grants management processes, including purpose-restricted grant applications, grant writing, and grant reporting processes to support future increases in grant funding.
- Partnering with gift officers and fundraising leaders to pilot new creative experiments to optimize the donor experience including acquisition and retention, as well as initiatives around upgrades and engagement.
- Supervising external vendor relationships, as needed.
- Ensuring campaigns and projects are operating on schedule, while balancing cross-team coordination, and unanticipated opportunities.
- Collaborating with other teams and departments in the Foundation to identify, foster and realize opportunities to enhance organizational impact.
- Implementing best practices for cultural inclusivity to ensure project work reflects diverse perspectives.
- Ensuring the team has the tools they need to execute campaigns, make data-driven decisions, and expand learning opportunities.
- Modeling leadership that cultivates a collaborative, positive, and respectful team culture; serving as a collaborative thought partner across teams at the Foundation.
Skills and Experience:
- Team management experience; ability to creatively solve a wide range of challenges and build trust with the team.
- Experience leading annual fund and/or major donor fundraising campaigns
- Coach and mentor mindset with high emotional intelligence: evidenced by humility, tact, compassion, high levels of integrity, and good listening skills.
- Skilled in applying data and insights to develop strategic initiatives and measure results.
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment, while effectively prioritizing and leading a variety of activities with multiple or competing priorities.
- Ability to anticipate risks, resolve conflicts, and initiate escalation paths.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to and belief in equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a large team distributed across multiple time zones
- Ability to work in an open, transparent, and collaborative environment, while respecting donor confidentiality and data security.
- Work experience or equivalent degree
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Experience working with volunteer-led, non-profit organizations
- Experience collaborating with technical teams
Here’s a few things that will set you apart
- Experience with CiviCRM, our donor database software
- Global perspective, with experience living or working internationally
About the Wikimedia Foundation
The Wikimedia Foundation is the nonprofit organization that operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge freely. We host Wikipedia and the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive.
The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive donations from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or +1 (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks
News from across the Wikimedia movement
Our Commitment to Equity
This is Wikimedia Foundation
Our Tech Stack
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/4510078