Major Donor Data Specialist Worldwide
Company: Wikimedia Foundation
Major Donor Data Specialist
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Major Donor Data Specialist to join our team. This is a new position and it reports to the Senior Director of Development. As the Major Donor Data Specialist, you will play a key role on the Major Gifts, Foundations and Endowment teams. These teams raise funds in support of the annual operating budget of the Foundation and the long-term financial sustainability of Wikipedia and our sister projects.
Major donors are a special audience and their donations are a critical part of the Foundation’s revenue plan. The two teams primarily tasked with serving this donor audience engage and inspire our current major donors with the goal of securing continued and increased support for our work. The Major Donor Data Specialist will play a critical part in the maturation of the Wikimedia Foundation’s major gifts program. With your assistance, the teams will be better equipped to identify, qualify, and cultivate potential major donors, both from within our current donor base and via new prospects. As a result of your efforts, we will be better able to reach the right groups of donors with our cultivation, campaign, and stewardship communications. This is an internal-facing role.
You are responsible for:
- Implementing our evolving donor screening and prospecting system; regularly identifying, researching, qualifying, and categorizing donors already in our database
- Implementation and maintenance of our evolving moves management system, including maintaining individualized reports for gift officers, team reports on the health of donor portfolios, and providing QA of prospect data points including donor stages, leadership activities, and assignments
- Fulfilling a variety of research requests from Major Gifts and Endowment colleagues using a combination of subscription and free services. Occasionally these requests may be time-sensitive.
- Management and maintenance of donor records to ensure the Major Gifts and Endowment segments of our database are up-to-date and accurate, ensuring each donor’s record accurately reflects their biographical information, relationships, and giving preferences
- Acquiring broad knowledge of the Wikimedia Foundation’s fundraising program, our payment methods, and our donation flows across different fundraising campaigns and applying that knowledge in the service of our donor data structures
- Participating in our collective responsibility to ensure our donor data is secure and well-structured for easy use
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree + 2-3 yrs of relevant work experience in non-profit organizations or customer-focused roles, or 4-5 years of relevant work experience in non-profit organizations or customer-focused roles
- 2-3 years experience using a donor database or records management system
- Strong self-organization and time management skills; planning and prioritizing work to accomplish all tasks in the time allotted. Consistently meets deadlines.
- A team player with strong verbal and written communications skills
- Detail-oriented and a fact checker
- Exercises discretion and good judgment
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within a large team distributed across multiple time zones and with varying degrees of technical proficiency.
- The ability to work in an open, transparent, and collaborative environment, while respecting donor confidentiality and data security.
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Experience working remotely
- Experience working with volunteer-led, non-profit organizations
Here are a few things that will set you apart
- Experience using CiviCRM
- Experience producing visual communications
- Experience working with a distributed organization
- Understanding of the free culture, free software, or online rights movements
The Wikimedia Foundation is...
...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects. Our vision is a world in which every single human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. We believe that everyone has the potential to contribute something to our shared knowledge, and that everyone should be able to access that knowledge, free of interference. We host the Wikimedia projects, build software experiences for reading, contributing, and sharing Wikimedia content, support the volunteer communities and partners who make Wikimedia possible, and advocate for policies that enable Wikimedia and free knowledge to thrive. The Wikimedia Foundation is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that relies on donations. We receive financial support from millions of individuals around the world, with an average donation of about $15. We also receive donations through institutional grants and gifts. The Wikimedia Foundation is a United States 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization with offices in San Francisco, California, USA.
As an equal opportunity employer, the Wikimedia Foundation values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon their race, traits historically associated with race, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics.
If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 839-6885.
U.S. Benefits & Perks*
- Fully paid medical, dental and vision coverage for employees and their eligible families (yes, fully paid premiums!)
- The Wellness Program provides reimbursement for mind, body and soul activities such as fitness memberships, baby sitting, continuing education and much more
- The 401(k) retirement plan offers matched contributions at 4% of annual salary
- Flexible and generous time off - vacation, sick and volunteer days, plus 22 paid holidays - including the last week of the year.
- Family friendly! 100% paid new parent leave for seven weeks plus an additional five weeks for pregnancy, flexible options to phase back in after leave, fully equipped lactation room.
- For those emergency moments - long and short term disability, life insurance (2x salary) and an employee assistance program
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, child care, elder care, public transportation and parking expenses
- Telecommuting and flexible work schedules available
- Appropriate fuel for thinking and coding (aka, a pantry full of treats) and monthly massages to help staff relax
- Great colleagues - diverse staff and contractors speaking dozens of languages from around the world, fantastic intellectual discourse, mission-driven and intensely passionate people
*Please note that for remote roles located outside of the U.S., we defer to our PEO to ensure alignment with local labor laws.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/wikimedia/jobs/3765724