Machine Learning - Java Engineer Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do exceptional things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries
Machine Learning at Elastic
Machine Learning (ML) for the Elastic Stack allows users to better understand the behavior of their data. We have developed an unsupervised machine learning engine that can plow through large amounts of data and automatically find those insights our users today have been proactively finding using search. Current use cases include finding anomalies within transactions / operational metrics, detecting uncharacteristic user behavior or finding malicious devices.
We have an exciting roadmap and are looking to hire an extraordinary Software Engineer to join us. You will have an amazing opportunity to join a small, highly experienced team where you can make an immediate impact and contribution to the development of our new machine learning offerings.
What you will be doing
What you will bring
- Educational background in a mathematical discipline such as Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science
- Strong Java Experience (+5yrs)
- Deep understanding of JVM internals including garbage collection, the memory model, etc.
- C++ experience (although this may not have been in your most recent role)
- Ready to be part of a dedicated distributed team, having strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience in developing complex (secure, high speed, low latency, high-throughput, multi-threaded) systems
Experience in these areas is a plus
- Knowledge of IT Operations, IT Infrastructure, Application Performance Monitoring and/or IT Security domains
- Knowledge, interest and a real passion for topics in statistics, machine learning, data analytics and/or data visualization
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Distributed-first company with employees in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Target locations: New York, NY; London, UK; Amsterdam, The Netherlands
These are target
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1119945