Mac OS X Kernel Engineer United States
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
- June 2018: Series E Funding of over $200Million and a valuation of +$3Billion
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
- October 2017: 100 Best Medium Workplaces for 2017 by Fortune magazine.
About the Role
Here at CrowdStrike an international team of researchers, engineers and malware analysts develop a high-end malware analysis framework with an agile and open architecture called Falcon Sandbox. Our system processes thousands of executable files, scripts and documents and “detonates” them fully automated in an isolated environment.
During the detonation phase, the system monitors all file system, network activity (including deep packet inspection), process creation/injection and memory analysis. The captured data is then abstracted and analyzed to determine a final verdict, threat score and include all relevant indicators of compromise (IOCs) and other OSINT or contextual data. This allows reliable detection of unknown threats and zero-day exploits in the wild.
Our mission is to have a real impact on people’s lives at a global scale and work on innovative high-tech malware hunting technology, engage partnerships with other vendors, initiatives and present at international conferences.
- Design, implement and test a brand-new Mac OS X driver (C/C++)
- Understand malware and develop new behavior indicators (Python) that detect anomalies, attack vectors, etc.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices and research new trends and technologies
- Mac OS X driver development (C; KEXT) and integration
- Debugging / profiling experience
- Experience with Malware or Threat research as a primary or secondary job function
- Experience with reverse engineering is a plus
- Fluent in verbal and written English
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike
- Competitive compensation + Stock Options
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Competitive Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
- We embrace distributed work and flexible work hours
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Free lunches regularly catered
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/crowdstrike/job/otsT7fwF