Location Strategy & Research Analyst United States
Location Strategy & Resarch Analyst
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Location Strategy & Research Analyst, reporting to the Senior Director of Location Strategy & Planning, to join the Business Strategy & Operations Team. Our team works with senior leadership to build, plan, and execute Twilio’s location expansion initiatives. In this role, you will conduct and apply market, demographic, labor, and macroeconomic research to inform business decisions, as well as support cross-functional programs. Humble, collaborative, globally-minded, data-driven, practical and curious, this is an opportunity to be part of a new and growing organization, at the forefront of driving Twilio’s global growth strategy.
Twilio is looking for a team player who lives the Twilio Magic and possesses the following qualities:
- 5+ years in management consulting, market and business intelligence, or operations.
- Demonstrated passion for research and data analysis; experienced with both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Highly skilled with Excel model building at a minimum and strong preference for Tableau experience
- Data driven proactive, curious, and detail oriented. Flexible in their approach to solutions and problem solving
- Experience with project management and comfortable with designing and running projects with cross-functional partners.
- Organized and forward thinking, you are skilled at keeping abreast of industry trends, managing priorities and tasks, facilitating progress and results.
- Highly flexible, self-directed, and adapts well to a rapidly changing, global company.
As a Location Strategy Analyst, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Serve internal stakeholders like a client. Assess their business needs and requirements, build methodology and processes, make recommendations and support projects through implementation and execution.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Gather intelligence on the competitive landscape, labor market trends, and external forces that impact our growth needs using first and second degree internal and external market research. Build quantitative scorecards and models to support strategies for Twilio growth needs. Deep dive into metrics to identify root cause, determine and document improvements, and follow through with action-oriented insights. Create and present recommendations with clear and concise visualizations and data. Build models, frameworks, and best practices for reuse.
- BE INCLUSIVE & EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact and collaborate extensively across cross-functional teams and business owners to seek out expertise and partnerships, and ensure alignment on dependencies and projects.
- DON’T SETTLE: Always strive to drive operational excellence. Provide program and project management support over key company initiatives and implementation. Be curious and collaborate with our cross-functional partners to understand the multi-dimensional areas related to global location expansion.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion with handling sensitive and proprietary data.
The Corporate Operations team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership to guide company strategy and lead company wide cross-functional initiatives. Including leading all aspects of our global location strategy, we manage a portfolio of special projects, which allows for this role to engage in a broader set of projects. This team is building new paths and ways of working for Twilio, and we are at the start of this journey. You will be working on impactful projects with multiple options to add value, and interfacing across organizations, regions, and levels.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $99,840.00 - $124,800.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $87,360.00 - $109,200.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3370583