Localization Program Manager Remote US, Remote Canada, Berlin Office
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation. Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
Join a vibrant team and community responsible for localizing Firefox and Mozilla products. Our family of products are currently available in up to 100+ languages and growing everyday. If you are fascinated by languages, love engaging with a community of localizers and have a technical background, this job is for you! We are looking for a passionate and talented engineering program manager who will take ownership and maintain our globalized projects across our wide range of products.
What You'll Get To Do
- Work closely with our volunteers and collaborators to manage community driven localization projects.
- Manage, execute and own localization scope, handoffs and handbacks with Mozilla internal clients.
- Streamline the release of localized products by defining testing strategies, prioritizing bug reports, supporting the community of translators.
- Understand how to make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-delivery and resource constraints.
- Localization knowledge/experience:
- Knowledge of localization processes, workflows, and most common industry formats.
- Experience working with online translation software, computer assisted translation tools and translation management systems.
- First-hand experience with software and/or web content localization.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Fluency in at least one language other than English.
- Technical skills:
- Ability to read and navigate source code in order to isolate internationalization issues and actively work with developers to identify solutions.
- Experience with GitHub as a platform for both code (version control) and project management.
- Ability to identify tools and set up workflows to automate repetitive tasks using their language of choice.
- Team work:
- Self-motivation, ability to solve problems and make decisions independently.
- Experience working across different teams and timezones.
- Experience with issue tracking software like Bugzilla and Jira.
- Experience with other project tracking tools (Trello, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Python and Bash
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/3596930