Lead UX Designer Worldwide
- Lead workshops/discussions with clients, identifying strategies for leveraging web technologies in support of their content, customers, and business goals.
- Map information architectures, defining key content/object types and relationships between them, building a bridge of understanding between business, visual design, and engineering disciplines.
- Design and develop wireframes, user flows, functional specifications, and other representations to document and clarify that understanding.
- Collaborate with visual designers and front end engineers on visual design deliverables, interactive prototypes, and production-ready web experiences.
- Perform primary and secondary user research and persona development, as well as design and execute user tests or multivariate tests on prototypes and existing sites with a focus on converting insights from research and testing into actionable recommendations and design solutions.
- Consistently and proactively builds long-term, and highly productive working relationships across disciplines at 10up and with our clients.
- Create and communicate UX Design project plans that account for project constraints and client preferences.
- Represent 10up UX Design externally (e.g. conferences or publications).
- Proactively coach and mentor other 10uppers.
- Provide expert-level guidance on project deliverables and workflow to the project team.
- Support the UX Director and VP of Experience Design in process or growth initiatives.
- Recognize and pursue UX Design opportunities with existing and/or new clients with support of account development team members.
- At least five years experience with information architecture, interaction design, user experience design, or similar field.
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced, digital agency environment across multiple work groups and with multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated ability to design and define user experiences from blank sheets of paper to sitemaps and wireframes to developed sites.
- Strong understanding of web interactions: patterns, best practices, common challenges website developers face and solutions to those challenges.
- Have a collaborative, self-motivated, "always-learning" spirit, driven to improve user experiences everywhere at all times through smart design and applied effort.
- Willingness to support occasional travel to client sites.
- Demonstrated experience providing expert-level guidance on project workflow and design deliverables that achieve the best possible project outcomes given a set of budget, timeline, and client constraints.
- Demonstrated experience working with colleagues and clients in a 100% remote environment including day-to-day communication and workshops.
- Experience with WordPress as a platform, including custom post types, taxonomies, and use of WordPress beyond typical “blog” use cases. Or similar experience with a different CMS (and at least some familiarity with WordPress).
- Experience migrating or building WordPress websites using the block based (“Gutenberg”) editor or similar experiences with a different CMS.
- Understanding of content strategy, publishing workflows, and content management platforms.
- Demonstrated history of mentoring, teaching, or guiding other designers.
Nice to have
- Experience with Figma and/or Sketch.
- Formal UX or design education.
Vacancy page : https://10up.com/careers/lead-ux-designer/