Lead Technical Account Manager - Personalized Support Worldwide
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for a Lead-Technical Account Manager (Lead-TAM) to join our team of Technical Account Managers who are distributed throughout the United States and Europe. You are passionate about the customer experience and driving exceptional customer satisfaction results and you recognize that the only way to do that is to develop and coach your employees, to treat them the same way you would want them to treat your customers. You are able to remain calm and effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency.
We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are enjoy challenging problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS. Bonus: Understanding of WebRTC would be a HUGE plus.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our products.
- Enthusiasm for interacting and collaborating with other departments within Twilio in your search for the solutions our customers need.
- Ability to stand in the customer’s shoes and demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Excellence in task prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency.
Your role is to lead a team of Technical Account Managers (TAMs) who are the designated technical contacts for our strategic customers. The team’s role is to assist customers to resolve complex technical problems, deliver proactive guidance to provide added value through the use of Twilio technologies and be the champion for the customer within Twilio.
As the Lead-TAM you will be the mentor, bringing out the best in each of your team members and helping them succeed. As the team grows, you are scaling the processes effectively without losing the value proposition. You are constantly looking at improving the overall efficiency and performance consistency of every TAM in the team. You are ready to dig deep and address technical questions as well as be able to zoom out and look at the larger picture. A large part of your role involves understanding customer roadblocks and pain points and advocating in a data driven way with product management and engineering teams to enhance the customer experience and delight Twilio customers. You will foster a strong culture of collaboration and customer empathy in the team.
A regular day in the life of a Lead-TAM would consist of working either directly or in collaboration with another TAM on the cases raised by specific customers and looking at ways to prevent future occurrences of such issues, while maintaining high customer relationship and helping them be successful using Twilio. As the Lead-TAM will help define, manage and lead a variety of projects that will help directly improve the customer experience and indirectly through internal process improvements.
Some examples include: examining packet capture data and engaging one of our carriers to resolve a one-way audio issue in Germany, providing advice to a customer whose web server is not responding to HTTP requests from Twilio, and calling a customer to discuss the design of a function for transfering calls between agents in a call center.
As a Lead-TAM you will be a role model for other TAMs as you help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- Understanding customer trends, analysing patterns, driving betterments and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process is a key part of the role.
If you are excited about not only teaching others ‘how to fish’ but also how to fish at scale then this role is for you.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Whether you work remotely or at Twilio HQ in San Francisco, you will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/1492689