Lead Software Engineer, Web Experience Worldwide
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
You’ll work on the team of engineers, designers, and producers that bring the Twilio brand to life on the web. You’ll use your full-stack skills to modernize our marketing web environments using tools such as Python, Django, and React.
You’ll work on projects that require you to explore new ways of showcasing a platform like Twilio — one of the few products in the world that can spark the imagination just by making the phone in someone’s pocket ring.
In Twilio Brand, we believe code is creative. If you feel the same way, you belong at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a software engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 5+ years of experience with Python (Django experience a plus).
- Proven track record implementing and maintaining large-scale deployments involving client-side and server-side interaction.
- Familiarity with database systems such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or MySQL.
- Strong understanding of OOP, design patterns, and DevOps processes.
- Experience working on a production pipeline from concept to engineering handoff; you love shipping beautiful products.
- Obsession with making user interfaces look right and work right. You dig the science of user experience and have opinions.
- Ability to communicate well out loud, on paper, and in code.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Lead Software Engineer for the Web Experience team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Design and build web components from the backend data models and services to the front-end user experience. Own the whole project, not just a single ticket.
- DON’T SETTLE: Care about how fast pages load, how often you and your fellow engineers are getting paged, and removing technical debt that slows your team down.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Drive the front-of-the-funnel engagement through user activation, as well as ensuring that all things we ship are compatible and usable cross-platform.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Provide leadership and guidance to the Marketing Engineering teams and drive/grow processes and best-practices.
Twilio is a platform that gives developers super-powers. You'll find developers at every level of the company. As a software engineer on the Brand team at Twilio, you'll work with a small team of people who believe in one developer's creative potential to change the world. And you'll work side by side with designers and producers on projects that help amplify that belief on the biggest stage possible, helping to show, not tell, what's possible with communications tools.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This is a position based anywhere in the US. You will be given the ability to work from a local Twilio office, co-work with others, or work from home. You can enjoy our incredible perks: monthly book reimbursement, monthly wellness reimbursement, monthly All Hands, and more.
Many of the people you will work with will not be based in a Twilio office. We also, however, believe in the importance of meeting in person a few times a year. For this role, we also spend some occasional time in the field at a company event. Between those two activities, you should expect to travel domestically 2-4 times per year (once COVID-19 is behind us).
We also believe that in order to do this job well, you need a balanced work and home life. We offer generous PTO. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is equipped for success as part of a team while still being authentically themselves.. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl, and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2176536