Lead Software Engineer, Enterprise Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more 4 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes more than 80 percent of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of an Lead Software Engineer, Enterprise, to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
We are growing our small but high-impact team in Engineering at InVision. If you are excited about joining us, but find the information below intimidating, please don’t let that stop you — we’d love to meet you and let’s together find out if we’re a great fit for each other.
We are a small distributed team with deep engineering experience. We laugh and have fun together, we celebrate together, and we rally together to support each other in times of struggle. Not every day is easy, but every day is an adventure, and every day is rewarding and meaningful.
We’ve recently announced some upcoming exciting new products, including V7, a new and amazing version of InVision rebuilt from the ground up. In the world of today, as with any product that has evolved over time, our impressive V6 platform involves a mixture of technologies. Whether it’s Angular, React, Node.js, Golang, RabbitMQ, or yes, even ColdFusion, our team works across technologies, and indeed across the entire product, to improve the stability and reliability of InVision today, to add new features and grow our products today, and to make our customers happier and more productive today.
What you’ll do:
- You love to go deep on technology, and love to bring others with you through coaching and mentoring and working together.
- You are experienced in delivering software for a SaaS product at scale, including the thoughtfulness that goes into safely deploying your code in a complex environment serving millions of users.
- You make plenty of mistakes, but rarely the same one twice, because you’ve learned how to incorporate your learnings into a better result.
- You listen first and understand problems from a people, business, and technology perspective, working with your Product Manager and team to drive the right solutions through to completion.
- You are constantly learning, whether it’s technology, systems, business, communication techniques, time management, a second (or third, or fourth) language, or anything else.
- You aren’t satisfied with the status quo. There’s always something more.
- You are aware of the health of your team, and with that awareness you operate conscientiously.
- You fight for the user: you effectively weigh the needs of our internal stakeholders with the needs of our product, balancing making improvements to our product health and stability while still shipping specific features that our business needs.
What you’ll bring:
- Experience designing, building, and/or maintaining high volume, scalable SaaS applications.
- Excellent communication skills, both in your listening and answering skills as well as your ability to clearly communicate your perspective and intent to others.
- Strong proficiency preferably in either Node.js, or Golang or solid professional experience in Java, Scala, or yes even ColdFusion.
- Experience debugging complex issues at every level of the stack; you should be able to debug a web application problem single-handedly all the way from the browser, through the transport, the application, and servers, databases and asynchronous queues. You shouldn’t be afraid of debugging existing legacy applications or of piles of logs to slice-and-dice using modern tooling.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and a retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1240674