Lead Software Engineer - Back End Development Worldwide
InVision is the leading product design and development platform for teams building world-class digital products. It’s every company’s imperative to continuously innovate and improve on their customer experience: InVision’s platform, education, and community enable creative collaboration across teams and geographies for improved speed-to-market and powerful business results.
More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking for digital transformation. That process doesn’t start and end in any design tool: it encompasses ideation, conversation, visual collaboration and so much more. Teams use InVision to create, prototype and test new ideas; develop repeatable and streamlined processes in design, product and engineering; and improve workflows to move more efficiently from inspiration to production and drive innovation. The InVision platform allows teams to collaborate throughout the process with every stakeholder, giving individuals the visibility and know-how they require. Customers include 100 percent of the Fortune 100 and organizations including American Express, Adidas, Boeing, Ford Motor, Netflix, HBO, Ikea, Slack and Virgin Atlantic.
InVision is a fully distributed company with people in more than 20 countries. Investors include Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Our team is in search of a Lead Software Engineer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
We are hiring for multiple roles and we know your time is valuable. We have built a curated interview process with that in mind. As you make your way through the interview journey, you will meet members of the team that represent our Engineering organization, our teams are broken up into these core areas:
- Integrations: Allows InVision products to easily integrate with other design, development, and productivity tools such as Sketch, Atlassian, MSFT Teams, Slack, and more.
- Freehand: Our online whiteboarding tool that is growing exponentially and beloved for its simplicity and ease of use. Built on top of Web GL using React and GoLang.
- InVision Collaboration Products: Including document organization and discovery, commenting, notifications and developer tools
- Enterprise Platform Services: Including identity management, shared services and billing
- Studio Design Tool: Our screen design tool with real-time collaboration, responsive graphics design, advanced motion, and other capabilities. A new cloud version is in beta now.
Once you complete the interview process we will present opportunities that we feel like you would excel in and invite you to meet your hiring manager to discuss the role in more detail.
What you’ll do:
- Write secure, maintainable code that powers the world’s leading product design platform
- Mentor other engineers on the team and act as a point of contact for cross-team initiatives
- Work on a backend microservice-based architecture written in Go
- Launch and support features that will be used by millions of people around the globe
- Participate in code reviews and help guide software architecture decisions
- Work with third-party APIs and do technical design to integrate them with InVision products
- Create system documentation/playbooks and serve as a technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design, and code reviews
- Refactor code on an ongoing basis to improve developer efficiency, architecture, and quality
- Work closely with product managers and designers to design and develop the product’s functionality, look, and feel
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of backend or full stack experience designing and building high volume, scalable SaaS applications from end-to-end. Strong proficiency in modern backend frameworks (Golang, C/C++, Java or Node also nice-to-have but not required)
- Multiple years of experience debugging complex issues; you can debug a web application problem all the way from the browser, through the transport, through the application and servers and databases, and asynchronous queues. Logs and core dumps don’t frighten you.
- An affinity for creating software that is high quality, extensible, performant, and easy to read
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as creative problems and enjoy them
- Use of continuous integration and delivery technologies at an expert level; you have the ability and interest to teach others best practices
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results
- Passion for continued learning and a track record of picking up new technologies and skills as you ship awesome code
- Experience working with and contributing to the open-source community is a plus
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, physics, mathematics or a related field, or equivalent work experience
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/2934096