Lead Software Developer - Sustaining Engineering Worldwide
About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans to slow down. We’re on a mission to scale our platform while simultaneously improving performance, reliability, and resiliency. To do this, we need the help of dedicated, methodical, and versatile engineers.
At Sustaining Engineering we tackle high impact problems wherever they may be. We’re not siloed into a single product area so we get to explore new problem spaces on a regular basis and collaborate closely with other teams. We build features and fix complex bugs that make commerce better for our merchant’s.
As we grow, we need technical and people leadership. Our leads are coding and in that capacity also provide hands-on mentorship to team members. You will leverage your expertise to improve the output of the team and drive the product vision to implementation.
You'll need to have
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL (or an equivalent framework and the desire to learn Rails quickly)
- Technical leadership and/or management experience
- A commitment and drive for quality, excellence and results
- A passion for helping growing development teams and making others better
- Establishing great relationships with other teams, across offices, and especially at the leadership level
- A passion and curiosity to constantly learn new things. Shopify changes fast, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast, too
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Experience contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing events
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Carl. Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. Make sure to tell us how you think you can make an impact at Shopify, and what drew you to the role