Lead Fry Cook United States, Canada
Company: Fire Engine RED
Director of People
As Director of People, and with a comprehensive understanding of Fire Engine RED’s priorities, core values and all facets of human resources (HR), you will be primarily responsible for guiding the overall provision of People, Places & Perks services, policies and programs for the company.
You will work closely with the VP of People, Leadership team, managers and team members to deliver strategic organizational development, employment compliance, team member onboarding, policy development and documentation, employee relations, company-wide meeting facilitation, team member communications, and benefits administration.
This is a full-time, telecommute position reporting to the Vice President of People.
Your plate will be full. On any given day, you’ll be asked to:
- Partner with the Leadership Team to develop HR goals, policies and programs.
- Implement People, Places & Perks programs and monitor administration to ensure consistency throughout the company.
- Manage team communication and feedback.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team and the entire organization to ensure immediate and proactive response to organizational issues or opportunities.
- Keep the CEO and Leadership Team informed of significant problems and actionable items.
- Participate in leadership, management and team meetings.
- Develop a team-member-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Create new and update existing policies, procedures and programs as needed.
- Assist with recruiting processes as necessary.
- Manage the start-up and exit process for new and exiting team members.
- Maintain team data in Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
- Work closely with the VP of People and Leadership Team to administer the annual REDhead review process and define improvements.
- Advise managers on and monitor the implementation of performance improvement initiatives.
- Maintain company compliance with all existing government and legal requirements.
- Partner with management to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs and laws.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices as necessary to foster a positive company-team member relationship and promote a high level of morale and motivation.
- Conduct investigations when complaints are brought forward.
- Review, guide and approve management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Participate in quarterly compensation reviews.
- Recommend changes in benefits offered and assist with the development of benefit orientations and training.
- Prepare reports, as necessary or requested, to track the effectiveness and accomplishment of strategic goals.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all company software and Search offerings.
- Develop personal skills on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years of HR experience
- Basic knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning and development and employee relations
- Experience administering benefits, compensation and other HR programs
- Strong problem solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently
- Belief in the importance of team member perception and experience
- Available for weekend and/or night work as needed