Lead Field Security Engineer United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is enabling the future of customer engagement. As a member of the Cybersecurity Leadership Team, the Field Security Engineer will facilitate security conversations with our most important, strategic, and complex customers. They will use security expertise and knowledge of the Twilio platforms to help our customers securely deploy applications that leverage our suite of products. Additionally, they will develop a deep understanding of Twilio’s security posture and help drive customer-focused improvements across the business.
The Lead Field Security Engineer will be an integral part of the technical pre-sales relationship and ongoing security communications and contacts with customers. They may be asked to propose technical architectures, demonstrate features of the platform, and guide customers through security incidents. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in continued customer success.
This Lead consultant role is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. You are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers. You understand the complexities of security compliance and can talk to why we would implement one specific control over another.
Twilio is looking for a security expert who lives the Twilo Magic and has a strong desire to work in a customer-facing role. This is not a “traditional” assignment so your path to it is probably not traditional. But we think you may have some of these past experiences:
- Pre-sales engineering for a complex technology company
- Technical customer support and implementation at a SaaS company
- Technology risk consulting, lawyering, or security incident response
- Previous experience in Telecom, Contact Center, Mobile, IoT, and/or Fraud.
- Information security management, leadership, or awareness program management
- Software development (preferably security related) in some of these languages:
- backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Cloud or data center infrastructure management
As a Lead Field Security Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Present creative new solutions that enable and inspire customers to security innovate on Twilio’s platforms
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Build and present Twilio product demos that showcase a deep understanding of our customer’s security challenges and how Twilio can meet them
- DON’T SETTLE: Keep asking probing questions and never stop learning new products and new technologies
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work alongside Twilio team mates through the pre-sales process and drive improvements through cross-functional initiatives within Twilio
- BE BOLD: Don’t be afraid to take a big idea and make it reality
Twilio customers often share common business challenges, but rarely share the same implementation requirements. Each company is unique when it comes to process, technology stacks, and skill. This Engineer will be called on to help demonstrate the more secure way to use Twilio products to achieve (and often exceed) the customers’ goals.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better customer engagement experiences. Twilio is truly unrivaled; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located anywhere in the United States. Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $109,824.00 to $151,008.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $96,096.00 to $132,132.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2974970