Lead Design Researcher Worldwide
InVision is the leading product design and development platform for teams building world-class digital products. It’s every company’s imperative to continuously innovate and improve on their customer experience: InVision’s platform, education, and community enable creative collaboration across teams and geographies for improved speed-to-market and powerful business results.
More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking for digital transformation. That process doesn’t start and end in any design tool: it encompasses ideation, conversation, visual collaboration and so much more. Teams use InVision to create, prototype and test new ideas; develop repeatable and streamlined processes in design, product and engineering; and improve workflows to move more efficiently from inspiration to production and drive innovation. The InVision platform allows teams to collaborate throughout the process with every stakeholder, giving individuals the visibility and know-how they require. Customers include 100 percent of the Fortune 100 and organizations including American Express, Adidas, Boeing, Ford Motor, Netflix, HBO, Ikea, Slack and Virgin Atlantic.
InVision is a fully distributed company with people in more than 20 countries. Investors include Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Our team is in search of a Lead Design Researcher to help us change how people collaborate online.
About the Team:
The Research team is part of an Insights group, including design / UX research, data analytics, and competitive intelligence. Our group is part of our EPDI organization - engineering, product, design, and insights - operating as a quad. Our team is deeply embedded with the Product Design and Product organizations. It drives customer empathy and product and design excellence through human-centered research, which touches on end-to-end questions from strategy to the usability of InVision’s products. The team creates the research processes, frames and conducts research, and guides research done by collaborators from the design and product teams.
What you’ll do:
You’ll uncover what users need and want from our products through primary research, exploring behaviors and motivations, working with product designers, PMs, software engineers, and leaders to help prioritize and guide design decisions in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Conduct research on InVisions products and customer experience
- Frame and lead research to uncover opportunities for human-centered innovation, engage collaborators as part of the research and synthesis process to reach actionable and generative insights that push design forward
- Work alongside other researchers and data analysts to advance our nuanced understanding of how people collaborate and work in this new era, in service of making better experiences that fit in our users’ workflows
- Help establish overall research practices at InVision and create processes and infrastructure to scale and adapt research across the company
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of direct experience in design research or UX Research role at a product company (SaaS company is plus!)
- A well-rounded research toolbox - ability to run strategic and exploratory research as well as more tactical and evaluative UX programs
- Incredible attention to detail, interest in operations, eagerness to streamline and optimize whenever possible
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary UX and/or product teams
- Experience in survey design. Working knowledge of statistics and experimental design is a plus!
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods including when and how to apply them during the design process (Qualitative and Quantitative)
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic with a passion for making the future of work more human
- Proven track record of leading research projects with multidisciplinary teams, and providing mentorship and guidance to junior researchers or other collaborators
- Direct managing experience is a plus
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/3533643