Lead Database Reliability Engineer Worldwide
InVision is the leading product design and development platform for teams building world-class digital products. It’s every company’s imperative to continuously innovate and improve on their customer experience: InVision’s platform, education, and community enable creative collaboration across teams and geographies for improved speed-to-market and powerful business results.
More than 7 million people across global enterprises and small teams come to us when they are looking for digital transformation. That process doesn’t start and end in any design tool: it encompasses ideation, conversation, visual collaboration and so much more. Teams use InVision to create, prototype and test new ideas; develop repeatable and streamlined processes in design, product and engineering; and improve workflows to move more efficiently from inspiration to production and drive innovation. The InVision platform allows teams to collaborate throughout the process with every stakeholder, giving individuals the visibility and know-how they require. Customers include 100 percent of the Fortune 100 and organizations including American Express, Adidas, Boeing, Ford Motor, Netflix, HBO, Ikea, Slack and Virgin Atlantic.
InVision is a fully distributed company with people in more than 20 countries. Investors include Accel, ICONIQ, FirstMark, Tiger Global, Battery Ventures, and Spark Capital. Visit us at InVisionApp.com and InVisionApp.com/blog.
Our team is in search of a Lead Database Reliability Engineer to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
Our Cloud Infrastructure teams are responsible for infrastructure, operations, automation, and engineering tooling for our AWS and Kubernetes-based compute, data, and eventing infrastructure supporting all InVision Engineering teams. We are enablers and force multipliers. We build products that help our engineering customers better own and operate their own services. We constantly work to understand the business goals ahead of our engineering teams, lay the groundwork before they arrive, and enable them to painlessly ship awesome, reliable, performant, efficient, and secure products as quickly as possible.
What you’ll do:
- Drive standardization and automation of common database processes to reduce toil
- Deliver against project deadlines and and set expectations along the way
- Identify areas for improvement both within the technical solutions and within business processes
- Optimize performance of new and existing database instances leveraging data and telemetry
- Partner with development teams when choosing database technologies and other major database changes, such as upgrades
- Create documentation for self-service capabilities, and other reference material
- Fulfill security and compliance requirements
- Participate in the curation of a culture of innovation where ideas are generated and executed
What you’ll bring:
- Hands on experience building, scaling, and supporting database technologies (SQL, noSQL, event streaming, caches, etc)
- Experience with distributed systems, microservices architectures, infrastructure tooling and automation, software development best practices, observability, and reliability engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-direction and the ability to see and understand a large number of challenges, prioritizing them into a set of incrementally achievable goals
- Bias towards action, absolute willingness to own the problem and drive towards a speedy solution; you won’t stop until the problem is solved with an effective solution
- Leadership through influence, quickly building and keeping respect
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding environment
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/2577967