Kubernetes Product Manager › Home based - EMEA
Kubernetes, containers and the cloud native ecosystem are reshaping the way enterprises develop, deliver and consume software. Ubuntu is the most popular Linux distribution across all cloud environments and the operating system of choice for Kubernetes. Our mission is to shape the future of software operations, leveraging Ubuntu, next-generation infrastructure-as-code and pioneering model-driven operations, to enable companies to run software efficiently and with the best price-performance.
If you have a passion for technology and business, experience in cloud native software engineering, Kubernetes, container technology and Linux, then you will love being part of our team.
This role leads the product and go-to-market for cloud native offerings centred around Kubernetes. You will define product strategy in and around Kubernetes offerings as well as drive engagement and adoption. The role requires an analytical storyteller with a strong sense of message and a deep understanding of Kubernetes and how people use it. We prefer university-graduated professionals with software engineering and software engineering management experience who want to become business executives and entrepreneurs.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a competitive technology leader to:
- shape innovative offerings around Kubernetes and containers
- lead Kubernetes operator development and delivery
- tell the story of Ubuntu in cloud native operations
- lead engineering design and development for container solutions
What you will be doing
- Be part of a rapidly growing team of multi-talented individuals with a strong focus on building great products
- Work with Canonical’s Kubernetes and cloud native engineering teams to increase the value of our product offerings and ensure great integration across Canonical’s product portfolio
- Analyse market trends, define product goals, themes and features, maintain the product backlog, and solicit input from stakeholders
- Help shape the message across our suite of products, with a particular focus on containers, Kubernetes, Docker, enterprise open source applications and projects
- Create effective Marketing content to engage and entice sophisticated technical and commercial audiences
- Be accountable for the product roadmap, go-to-market execution, sales collateral, case studies, training, blog posts and community outreach
What you bring to the team
- Hands-on experience in Kubernetes operators and the overall cloud native landscape
- A curious and analytical mindset
- Familiarity with a wide range of open source applications and solutions
- A technical or science background
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience
- Experience in open source project and community leadership
- Business and commercial interests
- Proven leadership and presentation skills
- Personal interests aligned with the field
- Awareness of Ubuntu and Canonical’s competition and opportunities
- Track record of data-driven decision-making
- Proven ability to write about technology and the tech landscape
Canonical is a growing, international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu -- the world’s #1 cloud operating system. Our mission is to realise the potential of free software in the lives of individuals and organisations. Our services are helping businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu. Canonical is a unique tech company - global, remote-first, open source, with 700 professionals across 50 countries - we want to be the world’s best, not biggest, global software company. With almost every team remote by default, Canonical sets the pace on the 21st-century digital workplace.
What Canonical offers:
- Work from home
- Learning and development allowances
- Competitive Salary
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Generous annual leave
- Paid maternity, paternity and sick leave
- Priority Pass for travel
- Exposure to international business and technology
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.