Kibana - Senior Software Engineer - Operations Distributed, Global
Kibana is the window into the Elastic Stack
Kibana lets users visualize their Elasticsearch data and navigate the Elastic Stack, so they can do anything from learning why they’re getting paged at 2:00 a.m. to understanding the impact rain might have on their quarterly numbers. Kibana gives users the freedom to select the way they give shape to their data. And they don’t always have to know what they’re looking for. With its interactive visualizations, users start with one question and see where it leads them. Kibana core ships with the classics: histograms, line graphs, pie charts, sunbursts, and more. They demonstrate the full aggregation capabilities of Elasticsearch.
About the Role
This is a hands-on role. You will work closely with other Operation team members on many key projects and initiatives partnering closely across all Elastic teams. You will be participated in defining the roadmap of Operation team, delivering high quality of work, managing the technical debt, and providing support for the community
What you’ll work on
- Develop and maintain runtime configuration support
- Provide enhancements to our Continuous Integration pipeline
- Improve our builds running on supported operating systems
- Advocate for the overall developer experience
- Work collaboratively with other development teams including platform, security, quality engineering, infrastructure, and documentation team
- Provide technical feedback to engineers through code reviews and design reviews
Skills & Requirements
- Deep knowledge of Node.js
- 7+ years of experience developing scalable, high performing services and applications
- Understanding of at least one modern JS Framework such as Angular.js and React.js
- Experience with the release process: Source code control, package installers, build scripts, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with Docker or similar virtualization environments using libvert, LXC, or NSPAWN.
- Familiar with various build tools such as webpack and Grunt
- Experience managing Continuous Integration platforms. Jenkins experience is a plus.
- Deep understanding of design, implement, and consume REST APIs
- Able to work independently and deliver projects involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Ability to work in a fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, benefits
- Stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building great products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with employees all over the world, speaking over 30 languages! Some even fly south for the winter :)
We have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. Elastic is the leading software provider for making structured and unstructured data usable in real time for search, logging, security and analytics use cases. Since its initial release in 2012, Elastic's products have achieved more than 100 million cumulative downloads. Today thousands of organizations like Cisco, eBay, Dell, Goldman Sachs, Groupon, HP, Microsoft, Netflix, NY Times, Uber, Verizon, Yelp, and Wikipedia use the Elastic Stack, X-Pack, and Elastic Cloud to power critical systems that drive new revenue opportunities and massive cost savings. Elastic is backed by $104 million in funding from Benchmark Capital, Index Ventures, and NEA; has headquarters in Amsterdam and Mountain View, California; and has employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Engineering a highly complex distributed system that is easy to operate via elegantly designed APIs is a non-trivial effort. It requires solid software development skills, and more importantly, a sharp mind and the ability to think like a user. We also care deeply about giving you full ownership of what you’re working on. Our company fundamentally believes great minds achieve greatness when they are set free and are surrounded and challenged by their peers, which is clearly visible in our organization. At Elastic, we effectively don’t have a hierarchy to speak of. We feel that anyone needs to be in the position to comment on truly anything, regardless of his or her role within the company.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1595759