Key Account Manager - DACH Region U.K. - Remote /
We are 350+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
We are seeking a results-driven strategic accounts manager to manage our most important accounts in the DACH Region.
You will be selling our industry leading software solutions, leading and motivating a virtual team as well as owning and brokering new Senior customer relationships with a view to elevating our engagement to a strategic partnership.
The goal of the Key Account Manager is to maximise the ARR opportunity in our most important accounts. The focus will be to ensure customers Renew and Expand their usage of existing and future Sonatype offerings.
What you will do
- The Strategic Account Manager will define, plan, manage and execute account development strategies, to grow the accounts year on year in excess of overall company growth targets.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales goals and objectives. Ability to drive business transaction linearity and pipeline development is critical.
- Conduct ongoing team communications, quarterly on-site/virtual reviews and executive briefings
- Build in-depth knowledge of clients’ business priorities, challenges, and initiatives that can be translated into Sonatype solution opportunities. Build value-added relationships within the domain of the account - become the trusted advisor.
- Use knowledge of; technology, products, processes, industry expertise, and consultative sales skills to assess and educate customers on the value of Sonatype’s solutions.
- Develop multi-level relationships across within assigned accounts using available internal and external resources, and where appropriate channel partner resources, to maximize revenues opportunities and establish Sonatype as a strategic, long term partner.
- Develop whitespace analysis and account/opportunity plans supported and influenced by a virtual team to include Sonatype Senior Executives, field sales and sales management, Product Management, Engineering, Professional Services, Technical Consultants and relevant Channel Partner Managers.
- Drive communication between account team members ensuring all parties are briefed on the objectives for the account and the action & behaviour expected from them
What you will bring to Sonatype
- 10 + years of sales experience in enterprise software sales with a proven track record selling to Fortune 100 companies
- Fluency in the German language - spoken and written
- Software sales experience in the Agile, DevOps and/or Open Source space
- Trained in software sales prospecting and passionate about aggressively hunting for new sales opportunities and lead follow-up in a professional manner
- Ability to build regional territory account plans, develop new partnerships and business relationships that result in new customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Must be a team player and comfortable selling software in a rapidly evolving, high growth, dynamic start-up environment
- Extraordinary people skills, persuasive personal presence, and presentation skills
- Hungry for success, consistent record of over achievement
- Experience and understanding of the rapidly developing DevOps and/or Application Security market
- Bachelor degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launching Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.8
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.