Kesef - Accounting Specialist (Remote or Onsite - Montvale, NJ) United States
Company: Jackson River
Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including associations, fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
At Kesef Accounting Service, we’re focused on bringing small and mid-sized organizations reliable, efficient, and affordable bookkeeping services. We aim to make financial information readily available and easily accessible to our clients, and we’re looking to add a Cash Management Specialist to our growing team.
We are continuing to expand and are looking for a full-time Accounting Specialist to be based in our Montvale, New Jersey office or remotely within the U.S. The Accounting Specialist supports the Account Management team by assisting them with all areas relating to financial reporting and accounting functions of assigned clients.
The Accounting Specialist must be able to communicate well with clients, take initiative on tasks and projects, and work well with other team members and senior leadership. They should be organized, able to consistently meet deadlines and budgetary requirements, and provide exceptional customer service to the Kesef’ client base.
- Work and communicate collaboratively with the Account Management team and other Kesef team members
- Create and post journal entries
- Resolve account payable issues
- Reconcile broker statements
- Maintain chart of accounts, mapping sub-systems to the general ledger
- Processing corrections and adjustments in accounting sub-ledger
- Performing reconciliations between general ledger and accounting sub-ledger
- Create fund roll forward schedules
- Assist with preparation of 1099 statements
- Assist with audit schedule preparation
- Assist with ad hoc financial reporting requests
- Maintain information for all clients in the Kesef business systems
- Closely monitor assigned tasks to ensure that tasks remain on track, meet deadlines, stay under budget, and develop according to plan
- Assist with onboarding tasks and paperwork for new clients
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 2 years of work experience
- General Ledger experience
- Bank reconciliation experience
- Journal entry experience
- Account reconciliation experience
- Accounts Payables experience
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills – ability to take direction and balance demands from multiple account managers
- Excellent organizational skills – to keep assigned tasks aligned and in order
- Understand complex, multistep written and oral instructions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An unquestionable work ethic and the ability to accomplish established goals
- A high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to learn and use new technology in a relatively quick manner with instruction
- Experience with General Ledger systems
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Excel
What will help you stand out:
- Experience with non-profit and restricted funds accounting and reporting
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Experience with ShulCloud
- 2+ years’ experience in public accounting doing audit or write up work, or equivalency
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.
Salary Range Disclosure
The base range represents the low and high end of the Togetherwork salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Togetherwork's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include discretionary bonuses, long term incentives, a flexible paid vacation/personal time policy, 6 weeks paid parental leave and more.
US Remote: $50,000.00 - $58,000.00 USD per year
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/togetherwork/jobs/5821490002