Junior MySQL Remote DBA Worldwide
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® and MongoDB® across traditional and cloud-based platforms. Percona provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world.
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can throw at you. We offer flexible hours, competitive salaries and a great experience of working on a multinational team of experts.
The Percona Services group is responsible for the operational and technical delivery of the services included in the Percona products/services line. The Services group is focused on a high quality, efficient delivery of Percona services that result in high levels of customer satisfaction and retention and low operational costs.
As a Remote DBA, you will troubleshoot and resolve customer issues related to DB systems availability and performance. You will develop relationships with customers, comprehend and fulfill their needs, and maintain their satisfaction through regular communication and engagement with their environments. You will perform technical work that requires planning and scheduling to ensure the best possible solution is delivered on time. You will react on incidents and provide solutions aiming at maintained environments improvements.
You will work in a fast paced environment where we are responsible for companies’ most critical systems. Customers count on us to keep their MySQL database running and we are vital to the success of their business.
You will work remotely; there is no central office, and most people work from their homes. Some travel will be required for internal meetings. Access to a reliable high-speed internet connection is required.
Required Technical Skills
- Understand Linux OS Basics
- Shell usage (bash): less, nano, vim, less, grep, cd, df, top, ls...
- Can use SSH to connect to remote systems with password & public/private keys.
- Understand concepts: IO, Load, CPU, RAM, Disk
- Understand automation concept to speed up the work
- Has had 2 years of experience working with Relational Databases
- Usage of MySQL command line client
- Knows how to write SQL Queries
- Can install MySQL Server
- Understands basics MySQL Replication
- Can configure MySQL according to given best practices
- Has used EXPLAIN before to optimize queries
- Knows MySQL Schemas & Indexing
- Knows MySQL Logs (Errorlog & Slowlog)
Required Non-Technical Skills
- Is able to individually assess customer/environment impact
- Executes approved change management implementation plans
- Follows the incident handling process
- Addresses problems by following runbooks
- Know your limitations
- Know how to use https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/
- Good written English language
- Write technical report on tasks performed
Desired Technical Skills
- Deep technical understanding of different MySQL Architectures (Backups, Percona XtraDB Cluster/Galera, Group Replication, Semi-Sync, Asynchronous Replication)
- Knows how to optimize MySQL Queries
- Knows Percona Toolkit, especially pt-online-schema-change, pt-table-checksum, pt-table-sync and understand the impact it might create
- Troubleshoot MySQL Issues
- Experience in working with Ansible
Regular Work Schedule
- Monday through Friday from 9am UTC to 5pm UTC.
- Team has an on call schedule as well.
Location: Remote work from home position.
HQ is in Raleigh, NC. Staff members should be available if there is a need for any onsite trainings and/or events at any time.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA corporation and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Note that your legal agreement will be with Percona Staffing LLC, a USA company and a subsidiary of Percona LLC.
Vacancy page : http://jobs.jobvite.com/percona/job/oXWN7fwx