Junior Interactive Designer (Remote / Full-Time) Worldwide
Are you junior but people don’t call you junior? Are you talented but don’t have a lot of big brand experience? Are you ready to get your hands dirty and learn a ton? Do you like colors and shapes? Want to work from home in Snuggie?
We’re a digital marketing agency (www.sanbornagency.com) looking for an junior designer to join our team.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Willingness to expand your skills. We do a lot of different things across the design rainbow. Our work, on any given day includes:
- Designing straight-ahead websites like: https://clearpoolgroup.com
- Designing unique web experiences like: https://sanbornagency.com/work/create-the-court/
- Designing larger websites like: https://sanbornagency.com/work/legendary-digital-alpha-svod-platform/
- Designing mobile app interfaces like: https://sanbornagency.com/work/inferno-augmented-reality-app/
- Creating brand identity like: https://sanbornagency.com/work/swearby-product-development/
- Creating social content and campaigns like: https://www.instagram.com/authordanbrown/
- Designing graphics for motion animation pieces like: https://vimeo.com/65683086
- The occasional banner, HTML email, report deck, and print project.
- Helping ideate for new business pitches.
- You don’t need to know how to do all of those things, but you should be ready to get your hands dirty with them.
- Good attitude. We need someone who understands that they’ll do a lot of different things and they’ll learn a lot. Senior designers will help guide you, so you need to be open and willing to learn. Even know you’re junior, you understand that this is a job, sometimes you need to compromise on work, it’s not an art project, and we all try to do the best work possible regardless. Having a good attitude will help you go far in this business.
- Humanity. We like people who are thoughtful, candid, and reasonable. It’s important in a “we’re not just saying it’s important because it sounds nice” way.
- Remote. We do use WeWork for the occasional in-person meeting and get together, but in general, we’re remote and work on EST with a little PST in the mix. You can be in Fiji, it doesn’t matter, just make sure you’re around when everyone else is. The bulk of our people are in the NY and SoCal areas, but we have people in Nebraska too.
- Hoarding. You should live in a house with stacks of trash, old newspapers, and expired food. If you’ve been on the show “Hoarders” you go to the front of the line.
You should be able to use:
- Sketch (must have)
Nice to have and be willing to learn:
- PowerPoint (not much, don’t worry, but there’s always that client…)
And who the hell are we?
A 25-person interactive shop working with all manner of organizations (sports teams, beauty brands, magazines, non-profits, pharmaceutical companies, startups) helping to create and manage the full battery of digital marketing goodness (web, mobile, content, video, and campaigns). We believe passionate, mature, talented people all working together smoothly yields awesome work that lets us come back and do it again tomorrow.
We strive to plan effectively, work closely with each other and clients, develop long-term relationships, and avoid the last-minute 80-hour-week-fuckjam. Those happen sometimes, but not nearly as much as at a regular agency. We’ve been doing this for 14 years and are pretty good about keeping things running smoothly and allowing you to have a healthy work/life balance.
If you are interested, please apply with a resume, a link or links to some of your work, your typical day rate and a note written by a human being (ostensibly you) to another human being (me at [email protected]) with the subject line “I’m the Hoarder You’re Looking For” to show that you’ve read this whole post.
Humans will read your email; please write to us as a human. We can sniff out a cut & paste resume blast a mile away.
Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you!