IoT Solutions Engineer United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Twilio IoT Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the IoT Business Unit that is facilitating creators of connected devices to be successful. The Solutions Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions. The Twilio IoT Solutions Engineer will be responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. They will build customer trust in Twilio IoT solutions, which results in customer success post-sale.
The Twilio IoT Solutions Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. We are looking for an individual who has domain expertise in cellular networks, modules & infrastructure. Success in this role will therefore require a willingness to embrace ambiguity and propose innovative solutions to problems that may never have been solved before.
The ideal candidate will be a “product thinker” who is passionate about connected devices, the Internet of Things and the intersection of machine-to-machine, machine-to-human and human-to-human communications. Solutions Engineers at Twilio are involved in all stages of the customer’s product development lifecycle. They are comfortable using presentations, sample code and remote consultation to guide customers along their journey. We are looking for someone who can understand the goals of prospective customers and create content that resonates with developers, Product Managers and C-level executives.
Twilio is looking for an IoT Solutions Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- 5-7 years pre-sales experience selling complex, technical products
- 5+ years experience with a Telco or MVNO providing IoT service or an IoT platform
- Hands-on, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to build a deep understanding of a customer’s connected device needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Previous experience with hardware, cellular modules, mobile packet core, radio networks, Diameter, is a plus!
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Embedded software and/or hardware design
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
Twilio Solutions Engineers get to live our values every day.
Draw the owl
- Build and present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do
- Assist customers with Pilot and Proof-of-Concept implementations
- Present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation
- Never stop learning new products and new technologies
- Expect the best from yourself
Wear the Customer’s Shoes
- Form a deep understanding of their business and the problems they’re trying to solve
- Keep asking probing questions
- Build trusted advisor relationships with customers
- Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize and plan for deal success
- Educate and mentor customers and colleagues
- Don’t be afraid to take that big idea and run with it
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications and customer engagement.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
US - Anywhere.
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2445313