iOS EngineerRemoteEngineering – Engineering Worldwide
Kickstarter is seeking an experienced iOS engineer who loves building in the iOS ecosystem and creative problem solving to join our small and mighty native mobile team. Our engineering team embraces collaboration, eagerly takes on challenges of all sizes, values personal growth and welcomes feedback.
About the Team
Kickstarter’s global iOS user-base is rapidly growing, and we’d love to support that growth by extending and building on the capabilities of our 4.8 star-rated application. Working closely with our colleagues in Android, we care about crafting code for the long-term, shipping great products efficiently, and continually learning and teaching. Both of our native mobile applications are open source, and we’re proud to value community feedback and participation. We work in close partnership with designers and product managers in an iterative and data-driven process, building and refining our platform to support our mission of bringing creative projects to life.
In This Role, You Will:
- Support, build, and ship features to our iOS application, with an understanding of platform best practices and release lifecycle.
- Work closely and collaboratively within a cross functional team of product managers, designers, engineers, as well as other stakeholders.
- Iteratively research, experiment, and develop products and features to solve real problems for Kickstarter creators and backers.
- Contribute to continuous learning and share knowledge with other team members and across the engineering organization.
- Design and build scalable systems which balance user needs, business requirements, and resource constraints.
- Consider impacts of your work through building quality code, UI, testing patterns, code readability, documentation.
- You have solid professional experience building iOS applications.
- You have a familiarity, or a strong interest in learning, functional programming and functional reactive programming.
- You have a pragmatic approach to writing well-tested, maintainable code.
- You are collaborative and value the benefits of pair programming.
- You value sharing knowledge, personal growth, positive feedback, and continuously improving engineering and team practices.
- You empathize with creators, the challenges of the creative process and bringing projects to life.
Kickstarter is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to fight for equality, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Kickstarter is a Public Benefit Corporation, and our mission is to help bring creative projects to life. We measure our success as a company by how well we achieve that mission, not by the size of our profits. In our charter, we spell out our mission, our values, and the commitments we have made to pursue them.