iOS Developer of Technical Content United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Twilio blog has been experiencing exponential growth for the past two years, prompting hundreds of thousands of developers around the world to build with Twilio every month. To strengthen our coverage of existing and emerging technologies, Twilio is seeking an iOS Software Developer for Technical Content who will contribute to the technical education of every developer who visits twilio.com/blog by creating high-quality tutorials.
Twilio is looking for a developer who lives the Twilio Magic and has experience explaining complicated programming topics in ways readers can easily understand.
This developer also:
- Has 3+ years experience in iOS development, Swift or any related variation of iOS programming experience.
- Can empathize with the joy of "It worked!" and the frustration of "why's it doing that?"
- Loves to write clean code and uses it to clearly and concisely tell a great narrative to readers.
- Enjoys working consistently each day rather than sporadically in fire-drill mode.
- Has the self-motivation to proactively work with programmers that are writing tutorials rather than responding reactively to inbound tasks.
The content produced on the Twilio blog is read by hundreds of thousands of developers every month. This achievement inherits responsibility; requiring great attention to detail for the content we produce or publish on the behalf of others.
As an iOS Developer of Technical Content, this roles’ sole purpose is to publish technical content and the Twilio Magic values:
- Empower others: Collaborate with developers who do not work for Twilio to enable them to publish code-first, programming tutorials on the Twilio blog.
- Be inclusive: Translate existing high quality technical content into Spanish or Portuguese.
- Write it down: Write your own code tutorials and publish them on the Twilio website to keep your own programming skills sharp.
- Wear the customer's shoes: Make developers from our community the heroes of their own companies.
The Developer Voices' team executes on a mission to prompt and rally developers to build the future of communications. We have published hundreds of programming tutorials by programmers and worked to have their polished content read by millions of developers worldwide.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Twilio is based in San Francisco. This is a remote position. Everyone on the Developer Voices team is remote and we interact synchronously and asynchronously online. We also gather together in-person once per quarter to ensure everyone on the team has a chance to build a great working relationship with their remote colleagues.
Twilio is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Tier 4 base salary range: $132,928.00 - 182,776.00
Rest of Colorado:
Tier 5 base salary range: $116,312.00 - $159,929.00
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2606649