Intranet Program Manager (Contractor) Worldwide
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for an experienced and self-motivated Intranet Program Manager (contractor) with a passion for program management to lead the build of a new intranet and manage site content on an ongoing basis. For all stages of the intranet’s development, pre and post launch, this person will work in lockstep with our intranet vendor team at Unily and the Twilio internal communications team. This person will be responsible for building the site, while engaging multiple key stakeholders, and driving visual design and site navigation. The role will then transition into maintenance and content management. The role would be approximately 20 hours per week initially and may taper down after the intranet is launched in September. This can be a 100% remote role with the opportunity to work out of any Twilio office (after reopening due to COVID-19)
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 4-5 years experience in building websites with multiple stakeholders and content management. Intranet experience bonus.
- Are a self starter with proven project management skills and is able to work with stakeholders and effectively manage a vendor relationship to launch the intranet on time and within budget
- Loves to collaborate with a diverse, cross-functional team and work toward common goals. Always a fantastic ambassador for the brand of the project and the team.
- Is passionate about providing high-quality content and the importance of delivering timely messages
- Enjoys working in a technical, fast-paced environment and an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates strong writing skills and is able to create and adapt a style guide to ensure consistency of voice and communication quality across multiple content types
- Is extremely detail oriented and organized, keeping everyone on schedule and never missing a beat
As an Intranet Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Build intranet site content within a content management system and (CMS) develop and manage an ongoing content calendar
- Lead efforts to create and maintain a sound site navigation (information architecture)
- Manage the homepage to maintain a proper balance of content and tools
- Oversee authoring and proper use of intranet sections for official company news, announcements and events
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Coordinate creation of a visual design and theme for the intranet
- Lead projects to improve sections of the intranet or deliver new tools through the intranet
- BE BOLD: Create a governance model, then train stakeholders on how to create and post content
- Monitor user-generated content for appropriateness and alignment to the Twilio voice
- Monitor site analytics and report on key performance indicators (KPIs)
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work closely with key stakeholders to understand their needs and involve them in planning and problem solving (including Communications, IT, HR)
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Coordinate the efforts of central content owners
- Communicate actively with the main stakeholder group
As Twilio has grown to over 3,000 employees across 25 offices, we need to scale our employee communications to successfully scale the business. Twilio needs more communications channels to keep employees aligned to the business, updated on company news, inspired by our mission, and connected to the Twilio Magic - our unique set of values. You’ll get to play a part in shaping how we communicate with our Twilions to help spread the Twilio Magic and driving employee engagement. Time commitment needed to start is 30 hours a week with the potential to increase.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2220005