International Reporting Manager - Europe, USA, or Canada Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Finance team is seeking an International Reporting Manager who would be excited to join a small financial reporting team in a fast-growing technology company. This role will report to our Senior Director of Financial Reporting.
This is a distributed role working from your home or local coworking space if you do not live by an Elastic-affiliated workplace. We are targeting our entity countries in EMEA, the USA, or Canada.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will drive timely and accurate completion of statutory reporting requirements across a number of international entities and resolve project roadblocks, as needed.
In the day-to-day, you will:
- Prepare financial schedules to support external service providers in compiling local GAAP financial statements and completing audits
- Monitor or own the implementation of new accounting standards under local GAAP/IFRS
- Establish strong working relationships and collaborate with various internal groups, including accounting, tax, legal and treasury
- Maintain statutory ledgers that track US GAAP vs local GAAP/IFRS differences year over year
- Assist with implementation of new systems that directly impact international reporting
- Propose improvements to processes and internal controls
- Participate in other international reporting projects as assigned
What You Bring Along:
You have past, progressive experience in a Big 4 firm and an audit mindset.
You have deep familiarity with IFRS. (Perhaps you also have knowledge of US GAAP, too, but that's preferred not mandatory. If not, you'll learn!)
You've grown a team in the past (mandatory) and, although this role doesn't have direct reports initially, you're excited by the role you'll play in growing the reporting team and building your own team over time
If that's you, hopefully you also have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of external audit, accounting, and/or financial reporting experience
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience with large ERP system (Netsuite preferred)
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing projects and priorities simultaneously
- Great English communication skills
- Ability to communicate with and coordinate various local auditors
- Ability to work independently in a distributed, dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matters
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1550828