Interaction Designer- Security and Privacy Remote US, Remote Canada
As an Interaction Designer (UX/UI) at Mozilla, you’ll work with researchers, strategists, product managers, and engineers to define, design, and iterate on the Mozilla’s security and privacy products we build and the process we use to do so. You’ll use design tools and best practices to research, sketch, create prototypes, and support with user testing related to security and privacy products. Also, you’ll have the opportunity to define and push code to production.
- Collaborate with research, strategy, product management, and engineering to design and iterate on products focused on security and privacy products.
- Work with researchers, strategists, product managers, and engineers to empathy and understand user needs and use feedback to design intuitive, user-friendly experiences that meet their needs
- Create design storyboards, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to communicate intent and for conducting qualitative and quantitative research
- Balance user needs with business objectives to ensure both sides are represented in design decisions resulting in the best possible outcome for both
- Support product strategy from concept to completion for critical user journeys and identifying opportunities
- Set and refine the design quality bar through establishing design principles, patterns, tools and systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or comparable experience, demonstrated through a portfolio
- 3+ years of experience designing digital products
- Solid understanding of user-centered design methodologies, responsive web design principles, and mobile design
- Proficiency with Figma and Miro
- Highly collaborative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Comfortable working in an agile, lean environment
- Comfortable presenting and articulating design decisions
- Ability to understand and achieve business requirements and objectives
- Advocate for design from concept through implementation
- Interest in working with geographically distributed cross-functional team members
- Value research as a foundational design component for driving decision making
- Passionate about building products with people’s needs at the center
- Ability to solve complex problems, engineer ideas, and build solutions independently
- Ability and interest in learning new technologies quickly
- Well organized and able to handle multiple priorities with certain levels of ambiguity
- Self-motivated with high energy and great attitude
- Experience designing security and privacy products
- Ability to prototype in-browser
- Experience with design thinking and lean software development
- Knowledge of user research methodologies and when to apply them
- Familiarity with GitHub, Jira, and/or other engineering and product management tools
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/2638241