Information Security Engineer Canada - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
The Information Security Engineer will secure the technical and operational aspects of Information Security for the organization, products and services; this person is essential to ensuring the ongoing protection of Sonatype’s critical role in the software supply chain. The role requires a strong understanding of Cloud security and experience with industry standard secure software development practices in order to contribute to the safe operation of cloud native solutions. This includes monitoring and vulnerability management practices, incident response, reporting, and guide security improvements. As part of the Information Security team, you will be an Information Security stakeholder and collaborate with technical teams and third-party vendors to integrate security controls and compliance proofing into our products, platforms, and processes.
Primary job duties:
- Perform vulnerability scans and internal penetration testing, review output, provide initial analysis and remediation
- Perform information security incident response and issue resolution as needed
- Implement, configure and upgrade security tools and systems.
- Security event handling IE: InfoSec tickets, investigate log alerts and other security events via monitoring tools, event to incident conversion
- Perform technical risk assessments for software/products/services used anywhere inside Sonatype (OEMs, tools, algorithms, libraries etc.)
We are looking for:
- 3+ years' experience in cloud, networking or security operations roles
- 1+ year experience in incident response and vulnerability management
- 1+ year experience in project management or security architecture
- Well versed with AWS & building out a web scale utilizing Amazon tooling
- Hands on Linux experience & ability to understand/discuss large networking concepts
Additional skills of interest to us:
- Be conversant in web application security, ex: OWASP top 10
- Be familiar with the principles of security architecture
- Have experience in Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity planning and execution
- Have experience with threat modeling frameworks and related industry tools
- Have performed penetration tests and/or security reviews of infrastructure
- Have deployed vulnerability scans, either automated or bespoke.
- Hold any of the following SANS Certifications: GSEC, GCIH, GCLD, GCID, GMON
- Hold any (ISC)² Certifications such as: CISSP, CC, SSCP, CCSP, CAP, CSSLP
Things that we are proud of:
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.