Incident Commander United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Incident Commander
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to lead all high priority incidents, in order to provide clear coordination, recruiting others to gather context/details. You will be delegating tasks across business units, roles and all levels of the company. You are always considering next steps and backup plans at every opportunity, in an effort to avoid getting stuck without any clear options to proceed and to keep things moving towards resolution. You facilitate the incident lifecycle.
In this role, you’ll:
- BE AN OWNER: Orchestrate all incident management responses for high priority incidents. Own the incident record, ensuring the accuracy of data across teams, products, timelines, root cause, severity, and customer impact
- NOT SETTLE: Ensure all necessary teams are actively engaged in the impact assessment, triage, and remediation of incidents
- WRITE IT DOWN: Ensure timely and relevant communications and escalations are delivered to stakeholders within SLA
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead all high severity incident post mortems and betterment identification, tracking, and delivery to help make all teams better.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Ensure high-quality RFOs are delivered to customers within SLA. Manage significant customer escalations that do not rise to the level of a widespread outage.
- DRAW THE OWL: Diagnose and resolve process issues with customer escalations that impede responsiveness
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Can communicate appropriately with customers at both technical and C Levels.
- Ability to size-up a situation, assess the effectiveness of various tactics/strategies, and make rapid decisions on appropriate courses of action
- Has flexibility, and is able to listen to expert feedback, modifying plans on-the-fly as necessary
- Has been involved in multiple high-severity, high priority incident responses, either as a spectator or as an active participant
- Understands the lifecycle of an incident
- Understands how to discover contributing factors from a Post Incident Review
- Has gravitas, takes command, and is willing to kick people off a call to remove distractions, even if it's the CEO
- High-level knowledge of how the different Twilio services interact with each other
- Certification(s) in Incident Management (CEIM), Security Incident Management (CSIRT), program management/project management, Six Sigma, Scrum, or similar
- Western Timezone (Hawaii, Alaska), to assist with handoff to APAC
This role will be based remotely
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $87,360 - $145,860
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3546298