HR Business Partner United States
We are looking for a Strategic Human Resources Business Partner to support and work with our growing teams. Like the rest of the software world, our HR team uses GitHub internally to work more collaboratively, transparently, and efficiently. We believe strongly in working together with Hubbers to have open discussions and to share different ideas.
The HRBP will serve as a consultant to management and Hubbers on HR related issues. You'll work very closely with the Hubbers of each internal team to provide day to day support/guidance, implement various company-wide programs, help with organizational planning, and implement team specific initiatives based on Hubbers’ feedback and needs. The position includes international human resources responsibilities. We work with integrity and openness in supporting both managers and Hubbers with the goal of team members feeling comfortable coming to us for counsel, support, and ideas at any time.
- Work closely with functional leaders on organizational/succession planning, and team development.
- Build trust and credibility with Hubbers through regular sync-ups, and increase overall happiness and engagement.
- Manage and help resolve complex employee relations issues; conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations as needed.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team and functional business leaders on workforce planning and recruiting efforts.
- Identify and surface opportunities to advance the effectiveness of our teams, and work with them to develop initiatives and programs to address them.
- Help interpret people analytics data and internal trends for each function that is supported to inform business strategy and identify any potential issues
- Coach all levels of people managers on how they can be effective communicators, leaders, and mentors.
- Assist Hubbers in providing feedback to their managers to help them be effective leaders; coach managers in providing thoughtful feedback to their team members so Hubbers feel supported to do great work at GitHub.
- Collaborate with HR Operations to develop and deploy company-wide people-oriented programs including performance feedback, career development, and/or rewards & recognition.
- Partner with the Learning & Development team to help identify and provide specific skill advancement opportunities.
- 7+ years of progressive HR experience, with at least five years in the role of an HR Business Partner.
- A background in working with technical and engineering organizations a plus.
- Strong change management skills, coaching, organizational development/effectiveness, and organizational design are required.
- Demonstrated success in problem-solving and the ability to be agile through change.
- Ability to do some travel as needed domestically and internationally. Travel estimated to be about 15-20%.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the best place to share code with friends, co-workers, classmates, and complete strangers. Over 27 million people use GitHub to build amazing things together across 79 million repositories. With the collaborative features of GitHub.com and GitHub Business, it has never been easier for individuals and teams to write faster, better code.
Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where over half of our Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The other half of our Hubbers work remotely in 18 countries across the globe.
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
*Please note that benefits vary by country, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Recruiter!
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/877204