HR Business Partner, Global Engineering Worldwide
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.With engineers, product managers and technical leaders distributed across 20+ countries, our engineering, support and product teams bring incredible diversity to the work that they do every day.You are an experienced HR partner with a thirst for learning and curiosity to learn new technologies in support of this talented globally distributed cast of characters.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will work closely with our technical leaders to solve business challenges through people solutions, collaborate across boundaries and geographies and think differently about how we approach work and teams. Are you ready to roll up your sleeves and dig in? This will require you to think big, use data to drive strategy, challenge convention, and in some cases to reinvent how work is done (we have a LOT of timezones).Partnering closely with the Sr. HRBP, Global Engineering and the business, you will lead and influence all HR-related issues across in Engineering, including employee relations, compensation management, organizational planning, and employee engagement. As a team we will:
- Provide insightful data to guide decision-making
- Drive business results and engagement metrics
- Lead functional and company-wide initiatives (e.g. performance feedback, manager development)
- Influence organizational change
You thrive in ambiguity, adapt quickly to a changing environment, take a global view and have a passion for bringing people insights to the business. You know that sometimes laughter is indeed the best solution.No contractors or external recruiters will be considered.
- Assist with the roll out of new initiatives and projects including compensation strategy, performance management, talent management, and career development.
- Partner with leaders on performance management and compensation processes
- Assisting with other projects such as diversity, employee engagement and recognition programs
- Provide management coaching and training where needed to front line managers and senior leaders
- Use analytical capabilities to influence business partners with data-driven recommendations.
What You Bring Along:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or MBA a plus
- 6+ years of progressively responsible experience in human resource management, especially in performance management, employee relations, and coaching
- Experience working in a global organization, preferably supporting an Engineering organization and some experience with a start-up environment preferred
- Strategic, critical thinker who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds; real passion for problem solving
- Ability to build effective work relationships at all levels of the organization, influence behavior, and manage change
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High degree of integrity and honesty; ability to exercise confidentiality and neutrality in complex and sensitive situations.
- A sense of humor and ability to roll with the punches definitely a plus
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1467878