Head of Registry Services Worldwide
Head of Registry Services
Founded in 2005, we are passionate about making the web a better place. Automattic products include WordPress.com, Jetpack, Gravatar, WooCommerce, Akismet, Tumblr and .blog. We believe in Open Source and are a major contributor to the open-source WordPress project, which powers over one-third of the world’s website. Our goal is to democratize publishing so that anyone with a story can tell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or where they live in the world.
Blogs have already grown to become the lifeblood of the Internet – with a steady pulse of articles, opinions, ideas, art, and stories. With the launch of the first ever blog-specific TLD in 2016, we are excited to be leading the charge to take blogging to the next level with approximately 200,000 .blog registrations to date.
Automattic is looking for a world-class team member to support our growing .blog business in various aspects of running a registry including operations, marketing, and business development. The successful candidate will report to KKWT’s lead, Paolo Belcastro.
Drive significant growth through the channel
- Manage a list of channel partners.
- Gain in-depth understanding of customer’s businesses, developing solid industry and domains knowledge.
- Structure and negotiate commercial and strategic B2B co-marketing partnerships with the channel.
- On-boarding new registrars.
- Help run and grow business for some of the most important players in the domain, web-building, and hosting space.
- Focus efforts on product and program feedback, improvement, upgrades and development.
- Understanding of and involvement in policies and issues relevant to our business.
Handle vendor/partner relationships
- Improve how we work with partners like CentralNic, our backend provider, and Registry Office for BI tools.
- Assist partners with any issues that may arise and maintain appropriate communications and expectations through the process (i.e. progress updates, resource management, etc.).
- Bring focus to the daily operations of the .blog registry.
Drive growth and branding through marketing activities
- Define, prioritize, and develop plans to activate channel partners and market segments with the highest growth opportunities.
- Work with the team to assess and prioritize activities to execute in the market.
- Work with outside consultants to produce marketing material.
- Work with Automattic’s event team to plan conference events.
- Drive marketing growth for KKWT.
Knowledge of the domain industry from ICANN through to end users.
Held leadership roles within the domains industry.
Developed and ran:
- A partner channel.
- A registry marketing strategy.
- A day-to-day operation strategy.
Understanding of the WordPress community, its actors, dynamics, and history.
Diversity & Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our D&I committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly D&I People Lab series for further learning. Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity and inclusion.
How to apply
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. Proofread! Make sure you spell and capitalize WordPress and Automattic correctly. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.
Want to increase your chances of standing out? If so, please include answers to the following questions in your cover letter:
- What was you most interesting role in the Domain industry? What made it interesting?
- Can you tell us about your experience working for a registry? What attracts you to .blog?
If you’re reading this on a site other than automattic.com please make sure you visit automattic.com/work-with-us for the latest details on applying.