Head of Growth Marketing (SaaS) Worldwide
Automattic is looking for a world-class Head of Marketing to drive our high-growth Pressable business. The successful candidate will report to Pressable’s CEO.
In this new and exciting role, we’re looking for a marketing leader, a technology enthusiast, and a master of efficiency – someone with strong execution skills who knows how to define and execute our marketing strategy and ensure our performance is in alignment with our business goals.
Pressable is a new breed of a technology company: one-part WordPress managed Hosting and one-part services innovation empowering agencies to giant clients to scale their business on the WordPress platform. Pressable’s platform enhances WordPress with developer tools, cloud management, security, and analytics to build and deploy their digital experiences faster than ever.
Pressable is owned by Automattic, Inc, the brand also behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Tumblr, Crowdsignal, WordPress VIP, and many others. Founded in 2010, Pressable follows Automattic’s distributed team model with employees all over the world. Regardless of location, we engage the most brilliant minds and give them the best resources to perform the finest work of their careers.
Drive significant growth of subscriptions
- Own all performance metrics related to demand generation & branding, including the overall volume targets. Build reporting to track, analyze, and optimize the full-funnel metrics to improve leads’ conversion and quality.
- Continue developing the strategy, execution, and success measurements of our demand generation program to drive marketing qualified pipeline.
- Build a test and learn feedback loop across all targeted growth channels, including Paid search, SEO, display, paid social, webinars, syndication, partnerships, etc.
- Define, prioritize, and develop plans to activate market segments with the highest growth opportunities.
- Work with Product teams to assess and prioritize which products and features we bring to market.
- Bring focus to drive growth priorities in the marketing organization.
Evolve brand and positioning
- Evolve Pressable’s brand to be amongst the top 3 WordPress managed WordPress solution providers
- Use customer insights and market research to assess Pressable’s brands, value points, and product implications across unique cohorts.
- Stay on top of market trends to understand growth opportunities and what stories we should tell to target segments.
Build and nurture a high-impact marketing leadership team
- Mentor and support a distributed team through high-touch verbal and written communication.
- Design an integrated and highly collaborative marketing team united behind a cohesive strategy.
- Develop focused critical metrics that align marketing’s goals with broader business objectives.
- Build a positive relationship with Pressable’s marketing department and Automattic’s broad marketing organization
- Excellent people leader capable of coaching, supporting, and developing an outstanding team.
- Strong written communicator able to earn credibility, both internally and externally.
- Comfortable operating in and leading through high-growth ambiguity and change.
- A strategic visionary with an ability to execute.
- B2B or B2C SaaS experience required.
- B2B or D2C marketing leadership roles at hyper-growth subscription companies. Experience in the hosting space is a plus.
- Previously owned demand generation targets at multi-million run rates with a track record of success
- Previously escalated a company and made it a brand utilizing social media, media, and partnerships.
- Excels at data analytics and user insights, with hands-on knowledge of implementing web tracking tools and creating visual reports on dashboard platforms.
- Understands the SMB buyer customer journey and decision-making framework to build relevant campaign content and touchpoints through marketing automation
- Paid, Organic, SEO, and email marketing experience to amplify the value of our business model.
- Success architecting and leading a high-performing marketing organization.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the WordPress community, its actors, dynamics, and history.
PERKS & BENEFITS OF JOINING PRESSABLE
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Matching 401(k)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD, and AD&D)
- Work from home
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year).
- Home office setup and coworking allowances.
- Hardware and software, books or conferences that promote continued learning
- And more…
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION AT PRESSABLE
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Pressable. We want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups, and we require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams.
We may invite applicants to complete a limited-time paid trial as part of the hiring process. A trial is a shared opportunity for our team and the applicant to get experience working together to see if we’re the right fit.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team.