Head of Business Operations (L6) - Flex United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Head of Business Operations for Flex who is passionate about technical operations, business operations and the resulting customer experience. Flex, the first fully programmable cloud contact center, is a platform product that integrates both native Twilio services as well as serving up a pluggable infrastructure that allows partners and customers to extend and customize the platform for their unique needs. This is an opportunity to be a key leader in the evaluation and execution of organic and inorganic growth opportunities for Twilio globally. This role is for a well rounded individual to lead the BU’s business and technical operations, including establishing cross-functional cadence, leading quality improvement and operational excellence initiatives, leading technical integrations, all through depth and breadth in process development & and in data analytics. This is a new role for the Flex BU and presents an opportunity for the right candidate to build out first class operations that set Flex and Twilio apart.
Twilio is looking for a Head of Business Operations who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of leading the BU’s business and technical operations and projects. They also have:
- A natural strategic problem-solver. You are comfortable with ambiguity and 80/20 thinking to quickly tease through complexity and bring structure to chaos. You effectively identify and articulate implications up and downstream, taking action or calling out as appropriate.
- Experience with change management, technical integrations or mergers and acquisitions
- Experience in establishing operational cadence and continuously increase value delivery
- Experience in spotting blockers and dependency problems in advance of impact and moving solutions for these blockers forward
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization from engineers to executives, and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor to leadership
- A high degree of financial acumen
- Experience facilitating planning and coordination efforts across GTM and R&D teams to support schedules and planning, tracking, and communicating product delivery expectations with potential and existing customers
- You have experience scaling teams, driving automation, implementing tools and technology solutions to drive efficiency.
- Background in SaaS Development or operations in a distributed systems environment
- Knowledge of software and systems engineering standard methodologies for the full development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Project Management experience plus AGILE, SCRUM, Six Sigma, KANBAN, or KAIZEN
- 10+ years experience in a technical development or operations role with 8+ years managing technical operations or supporting an enterprise level platform
As a Head of Business Operations you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead and manage global Flex BU operations. Distill sophisticated and ambiguous situations into impactful plans for our teams. Define, establish, and maintain a consistent, traceable decision-making process across a heterogeneous landscape of partners. Work cross-functionally to help build future state reporting, tools and processes and empower BU teams to make best use of their data.
- BE BOLD & BE AN OWNER: Become intimately familiar with the business, lead the team to distill and deliver critical business insights for leadership. Influence teammates and executives with your findings.
- DRAW THE OWL: Build out the strategy and team focus around what the top priorities are for our BU. Build operational processes that increase the BU’s efficiency & quality. Focus end to end from product engineering to desired business outcomes. Contribute to the definition, development and tracking of effective metrics and R&D improvements that drive improved BU operating performance against SLAs/SLOs. Consolidate technical operating metrics and lead a regular technical operations review at the BU level. Represent the BU at the corporate level monthly metrics review.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document and instill good practices throughout the organization. Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and standard methodologies. Share your program management knowledge with leadership of BU teams.
- DON’T SETTLE: Establish and ensure appropriate reporting of operational metrics, team performance and overall patterns and trends. Be the champion for internal and external partners.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Help the team navigate complex decisions that require striking the right balance between business growth and risk mitigation objectives.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery and prioritization by closely partnering with BU leads to develop plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications and resourcing plans. Raise urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure in a timely manner. Determine optimal staffing levels, ensure the team is prioritizing the right work and find opportunities for automation and innovation. Consistently raise the bar and ensure the operations team achieves performance goals and objectives.
The Flex product is central to Twilio's vision to serve the developer community. It is the contact center platform of the future, enabling customers to have a fully customizable contact center solution. Flex is Twilio’s flagship application product built on top of Twilio’s communication primitives. We serve both enterprise customers, partners and the developers that work to customize their Flex solution.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role hired in Colorado.
$160,896 - $221,232
Rest of Colorado:
$150,840 - $207,405
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2516046