GTM Escalation Program Manager United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Customer Escalation R&D Partner!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio Segment is looking for a Customer Escalation R&D Partner who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of building bridges and driving efficiency between GTM and R&D to serve the needs of our most sophisticated customers. This role will sit within the Customer & Partner Success Operations organization and will work closely with team members and senior executive leaders across GTM and R&D teams.
The Customer Escalation R&D Partner will be the go-to person for ensuring customer escalations and product requests are prioritized. This individual will work hand-in-hand with the R&D counterpart to align GTM and R&D teams to support our customers. Additionally, this role will be responsible for managing highly visible strategic internal programs to address R&D escalations, opportunities and challenges for top tier accounts. This role is critical in supporting Twilio Segment’s enterprise management efforts and will involve working with teams across Segment and Twilio to ensure a smooth customer experience.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Act as the single point of contact to provide customer escalations from the Data & Growth Platform’s GTM team to R&D team
- Collaborate with the Data & Growth Platform Product R&D Escalation Manager to create and standardize an escalation prioritization process
- Drive continuous improvement on existing escalations programs, and critically evaluate what is working well and what needs to be improved. Adjust the programs to meet the changing needs of the business
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Teams to prioritize key features and bug fixes to increase product quality and prevent recurrences of critical impacting issues
- Own GTM escalation reporting, tracking progress on escalations, identifying risks and issues, and providing reporting on SLO metrics
- Facilitate and report on daily and/or weekly stand-ups to ensure appropriate visibility of key customer issues including escalation status reporting, statistics, trending analysis, issue status activities, and resources
- Lead improvements by monitoring and developing dashboards to proactively monitor trends and customer escalations and use data to recommend technical and/or business process changes to meet expectations and/or optimize productivity
- Lead customer escalations and coordinate resolution efforts with key internal stakeholders by working cross-functionally to ensure issue ownership, action items, and communications are fulfilled
- Set appropriate expectations with external stakeholders based on what R&D can/cannot commit to
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Proven ability to influence and affect change at all levels of the organization
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships at the executive level of an organization
- 6+ years working experience in program or project management, consulting, or operations role that worked closely with product, GTM and engineering teams
- Strong sense of drive, ownership and accountability for program success
- Proven experience in working in a complex, matrixed environment, managing multiple stakeholders
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills. Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Thoughtful and empathetic communicator and partner. This is a highly cross-functional role and success requires someone who can bring others along on a journey
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve and prioritize
- A natural team player and facilitator who is driven, organized, detailed oriented and enjoys setting teams up for success
- Solid experience in a high growth, highly scaled SaaS environment
- Have experience leading and executing successful cross-functional initiatives with senior management
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $109,280-$136,600.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4514995