Growth Account Executive (Canada) Remote - Ontario
See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Growth Account Executive (Canada).
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Growth Account Executive to play a key role in further growing the business in Canada. As our new Growth Account Executive you will be responsible for prospecting, solution selling, and closing our Growth accounts, including some of the most successful startups. The Growth Sales team is a strategic component to our go-to-market strategy. Our customers are often software engineers, application owners, product managers, line of business executives, VP’s of innovation, omni-channel and digital strategy partners of some of the most multifaceted start-ups, digital economy companies, and mid-sized commercial companies. With an ever growing amount of companies being created, along with companies that have been around for many years - our SMB and Mid-Markets are the bread and butter when it comes to companies creating a customized platform for their communication needs.
As a Growth Account Executive, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Responsible for new customer acquisition and driving new revenue for a specific territory while being assigned a quota for net new eARR and maintaining the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Work with customers across all verticals to understand their business and technical requirements. You will need to understand the capabilities of Twilio’s communications API platform so that together you can design a solution for their specific use case needs
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work diligently with cross-functional teams in Finance, Legal, Pricing, and Operations to design mutually beneficial contracts to address customer requirements and balance the needs of our business
- DON'T SETTLE: Passionate about what you do and you are able to think outside of the box and have extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills to make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Ability to balance competing priorities and handle multiple project/deals at the same time. As an added bonus, you’ve previously sold cloud or B2B enterprise software
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- At least 2 years experience in full cycle sales directly selling a product or service in a technical SaaS/CPaaS space
- Experience outbound prospecting into install base, greenfield prospecting into new accounts, and carrying out strong QBR strategy for territory penetration
- The ability to provide thorough daily/weekly/monthly forecasting metrics and communicate them in a succinct manner
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to easily make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Experience working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical solutions selling experience and enjoys working with real customers—listening to them and solving problems
- Experience selling a platform or SaaS; experience with selling Contact Centers, Messaging, Call Tracking and other communication solutions are a plus!
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- An understanding (or interest to understand) the cloud computing/communications business model and excitement for selling to a technical audience while applying a solution-oriented approach to selling
This role will be located in our Toronto, Canada office. Approximately 10-20% travel is anticipated, depending on your assigned territory.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3795725