Global Head of Talent Acquisition › Home based - Americas, EMEA
Canonical is a unique tech company - global, remote first, open source, with 700 colleagues across 50 countries. Our goal is to be the world’s best, not biggest, global software company. With almost every team remote by default, Canonical sets the pace on the 21st-century digital workplace.
Canonical and Ubuntu are at the forefront of cloud and IoT computing, helping customers master the challenge of operations on hybrid cloud, bare metal, and container-based systems. We’re recruiting people that love Linux, automation, operations, and are interested in cracking some of the world’s toughest problems at scale.
We're interested in the technology, of course, but we're also interested in the human mission of enabling and supporting many of the worlds brightest and hardest working people, passionate about open source which benefits millions, to live where they want and work from anywhere. All of these people could move to a tech hub and work for a FAANG but they choose Canonical because of our mission and our approach to the workplace.
Global remote recruiting creates a whole new set of challenges, and we want to blaze that trail. Figuring out how to assess candidates from every corner of the globe fairly and efficiently is important. Structuring contracts that meet global standards and local law is equally vital. We have established a consistent process across Canonical and trained a high-level team of representatives from every business group to be responsible for their recruitment decision-making, supported by your team. You will develop these leads, coaching them in judgement and supporting them in the process, and bring innovative technology solutions to ensure we grow at pace, without compromising on quality.
We view our recruitment process as a key ingredient in our future success, we want to invest in it, and we are looking for a world class lead to drive it forward. As a company we value potential so if you are reading this and don't think you are a "fit" right now, we would still welcome your application.
This role is likely to be home-based out of EMEA or the Americas.
- Establish relationships with Canonical CEO & COO to define our recruitment strategy
- Participate in our annual planning process to determine realistic growth metrics across the org
- Participate in our workplace evolution design discussions, bringing a talent and recruitment perspective
- Review and streamline processes and tools - embrace lean operations and drive continuous improvement
- We hire talent agnostic of location, you’ll need to drive the most effective recruitment strategies to ensure Canonical stays ahead of the curve, in a remote, distributed, first environment
- Be accountable for our ATS (Greenhouse), ensuring we don’t compromise on data quality, process flow and compliance
- Leverage recruitment analytics to provide our business with real-time insight
- Build an attractive global employer brand proposition alongside our marketing team
- Have a passion for diversity and inclusion, ensuring we remove unconscious bias from our hiring process
- Drive vendor management relationships and negotiate pricing for our contracts
- Lead, motivate & line manage your team to deliver against their objectives
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (minimum), with a relevant recruitment/HR certification
- Able to influence C-level stakeholders as well as challenge the status quo
- Strong understanding of globalisaltion when hiring and sourcing talent from across the world
- Experience working in a data driven organisation where you are able to use metrics to influence positive change
- Previous recruitment management experience in a global, high growth company
- Successful track record of managing projects alongside operational recruitment delivery
- Track record of building a strong employer brand and delivering reach
- Working knowledge of ATS tools, sites and technologies (Greenhouse preferred)
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer
Canonical believes a diverse workforce enhances our ability to deliver world class software and services which meet the world’s computing needs. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals.