Global Head of Financial Planning and Analysis - FP&A › Home based - Americas, EMEA
The Global Head of FP&A will lead our Financial Planning and Analysis function. This highly visible role will report to the CFO and support timely decision making in our executive team. The ideal candidate has experience with best-in-class financial intelligence and the ability to attract, inspire and manage a high performance team across multiple geographies and time zones.
You will lead a global team tasked with strategic analysis across multiple product lines, geographies, go-to-market motions, and competitive landscapes. The successful candidate will drive business insights, financial results and continuous improvement, and be an effective custodian of all management information systems as Canonical prepares for an IPO.
In this role you will:
- Build, manage, and develop a high performing global FP&A and business intelligence team
- Guide the annual FP&A activity calendar to provide decision support to CFO, CEO and the executive team
- Analyse monthly results, leading indicators and KPIs to support monthly forecasting and annual plan attainment
- Maintain a culture of passion for customer orientation, operational excellence, continuous improvement and best practice
Promote data-driven decision making:
- Oversee executive reporting dashboards and documents including Board, close and other management presentations
- Provide commercial analysis, develop growth targets, and evaluate strategic initiatives
- Work with product managers to produce, aggregate, and distribute both market insights and competitive intelligence
Deliver operational finance:
- Manage financial models, including budgeting, forecasting and long range planning, and determine the appropriate processes, methodologies, and modelling techniques to produce low variance budget to actual
- Partner with Accounting and IR to support month end close, flux review processes, and financial reporting
- Play a key role in preparation of critical public financial documents to support the IPO process, including working with bankers and supporting the production of investor materials and public filings
- Control costs via methodical reviews of department spend, procurement strategies, and business wide process efficiency
- Progressive operational and leadership experience, including demonstrable work experience leading Finance/FP&A functions and managing direct reports
- Have operated in a high growth, multi currency/geography technology business with a mixed go-to-market motion
- Experience with public company quarterly close and reporting cadence, and coordination with IR
- MBA or equivalent combination of professional certifications and experience
- Highest ethical standards, integrity, authenticity, credibility, and character
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity, we will give your application fair consideration.