General Ledger Accountant Europe
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to real time Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. The Elastic family unites employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Finance team is seeking a General Ledger Accountant as part of our growth. This person will perform the day-to-day ledger entries with the guidance of our Senior Finance Manager, EMEA. Please note that resumes must be in English to be considered. Thank you!
What You Will Be Doing:
You will help to streamline processes and improve existing procedures as Elastic dynamically grows and as the accounting team proactively plans ahead.
You will make GL entries, such as payroll, depreciations, bank transactions, and inter-company transactions.
You will prepare reconciliations and supporting schedules for the monthly close.
In addition, you will:
- Help identify and resolve discrepancies in bank, balance sheet, and expense accounts for monthly close
- Produce ad-hoc reports, analysis, and special projects
- Assist with audit by providing supporting documents and answering procedural questions for auditors
What You Bring Along:
Do you have the dedication to problem solve, ask questions, and find answers?
Are you eager to work in a dynamic, global tech company as part of a rapidly growing finance team?
If that's you, hopefully you also have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (mandatory)
- Experience with Netsuite (beneficial)
- 2+ years of professional, relevant experience in accounting or audit (mandatory)
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Some other language skills, such as Norwegian, Swedish, and Danish (huge benefit!)
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Positivity! We each love what we do and believe that a positive attitude matters
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 30 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1314341