Full-Stack Software Engineer United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Full-Stack Software Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to own and operate user interfaces and tools that accelerate our customers' ability to deploy and operate on Twilio.
We are looking for a software engineer interested in developing and driving products that improve our customers' experiences across our UIs, focusing on platformizing internationalization and localization of those UIs.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build and develop microservices, features, and automation
- Collaborate with technical, product, and design leadership to spec and estimate product development
- Mentor and develop junior engineering talent
- Document your code, architecture, and technical decision-making processes
- Respond to, coordinate, and triage incidents while on call (max 1 week per month)
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3-5 years of experience with 1 compiled language like Java (preferred), Scala, or Go
- 6+ years of experience with 2+ server-side interpreted languages like PHP, Python, or Ruby
- Expert-level knowledge of React or similar frameworks (e.g. Angular, Ember)
- Experience building and deploying software to a cloud environment (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- CI/CD with GitHub Actions and similar tools (e.g. Jenkins, BuildKite)
- Site Reliability Engineering or DevOps experience
- Software deployment pipelines, including dev and stage environments and automated smoke testing
- Automated testing suites, canary analysis, gradual rollout, and automated rollbacks
- Cloud resource optimization, including rightsizing compute and memory and configuring automatic scaling of infrastructure
This role will be US remote.
Approximately 2 weeks per year of travel is anticipated for team gatherings.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $96,096 - $137,280.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3734338