Full-Stack Software Engineer (WordPress & Shopify) United States /
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency founded in 2006. We are a remote-first team with members across the world and an office in New York City. We partner with the world’s most loved brands to scale and optimize their direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses through brand, UX/design, technology/development, and marketing strategy.
Barrel specializes in the Fashion & Apparel, CPG Food & Beverage, Beauty & Skincare and Home Goods verticals. Past and current clients include L’Oreal Paris, Gap, SmartyPants Vitamins, Rowing Blazers, Barry’s, & ScottsMiracle-Gro.
Barrel is seeking a full-stack WordPress Developer to join our remote-first team - you can work from anywhere in the world during US time zones. You will be responsible for partnering with our Technical and internal teams to redesign and launch new web and mobile products for our clients.
- Architect and/or implement frontend or backend technical solutions based on the requirements of the project
- Conduct technical requirements gathering, technical analysis and development of tech specs
- Ensure that correct technology processes are being employed and followed on projects
- Conduct research and assist on scoping and estimating new work
- Planning features utilizing sprints and juggle simultaneous feature development
- Experience with WordPress
- Sass or PostCSS (required)
- VueJS (required)
- Webpack (nice to have)
- SQL (nice to have)
- Tailwind (nice to have)
- Git (nice to have)
- Proactive in raising issues / blockers as soon as they occur
- 4+ years experience in WordPress front-end development; prior experience working in an agency setting is preferred
- Expert knowledge developing cross platform/browser (iOS, Android, IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for web applications.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for performance and accessibility (WCAG)
- Experience with shell environments and UNIX/Linux administration—need to know well enough to communicate infrastructure needs.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills (both in person and in writing) while interacting with individuals with a range of technical understanding - responsiveness within 1 day
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.