Full-Stack Java Software Engineer Worldwide
Sonatype’s mission is to enable organizations to better manage their software supply chain. We offer a series of products and services including the Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus Lifecycle Manager.
We are a remote and talented product development group and we work in small collaborative teams to create high quality products. Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion for challenging problems, software craftsmanship, and having impact, then Sonatype is the right place for you.
Required Experience & Skills
- Strong software engineering foundation and experience.
- Strong development experience with the Java stack.
- Effective communicator and collaborator; a great team player.
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication and collaboration tools (e.g. HipChat, Slack, video conferencing, wikis, Github, etc).
- Legally authorized to work (without sponsorship) in Canada, the United Kingdom, or the United States of America and are currently residing in the corresponding country.
Desired Experience & Skills
- Experience or knowledge of other programming languages and ecosystems is a major plus as it is relevant to the domain of our products and services (Java, Maven, C/C++, Ruby, Python, PyPI, Node.js, npm, .NET, NuGet, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience of continuous delivery, including automated testing of various layers, containerization, automation of infrastructure provisioning and deployment, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience developing applications deployed in Amazon Web Services.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
- Experience working in a remote environment.
We are Sonatype, and we have assembled a world class team of employees, investors, and partners. We are proud to be recognized as a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 company for 2016. With more than 120,000 installations and counting, Nexus products are helping modern development organizations intelligently source, manage, assemble, and maintain open source and third-party components, so they can improve the quality, security, and speed of their software supply chains.
We are curious and constantly innovating without fear of failure. We are attacking a huge and emerging market and seeking remarkably talented individuals to join us on our journey.
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.