Job Location: North America or Europe - Work from Home
Travel: This job involves 10% international travel several times a year, usually for one week at a time.
Canonical and Ubuntu are right at the heart of cloud computing, distributed computing, and scalable software systems. Whether public or private clouds, bare metal, or virtualized in a container, Ubuntu is there. Juju is a state-of-the-art, open source modeling tool for operating software in the cloud. Juju allows you to deploy, configure, manage, maintain, and scale deployment models quickly and efficiently on public clouds. JAAS gives you Juju, as a service: the best way to quickly model and deploy your cloud-based applications. Learn more at https://jujucharms.com/.
As a member of the JAAS engineering team, you will building a modeling software platform, designing and implementing new features and services as well as helping to operate services in production. Designing to scale, integration with public clouds, and security with a distributed trust model are just some of the challenges you’d be working on.
Daily work requires you to collaborate with a team of people coming from different backgrounds but sharing the passion for software development in the cloud. We value diversity, we believe in people willing to take responsibility for the products we own, standing up and proposing solutions, being motivated to disagree and commit when necessary. You’ll be asked to work using agile methodologies, and contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle, starting from the design, participating to pre-implementation calls, producing feature branches, fixing bugs, reviewing and QAing other’s code, being aware that the task is done only when the code is successfully deployed to production.
Required skills and experience:
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with Linux and free/open-source software.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing and top three public clouds (Google, AWS, Azure).
- Must have excellent communications skills and speak English fluently.
- Must be able to work effectively within a team environment, with both technical and nontechnical team.
- Self motivated and able to deliver according to schedule, with little supervision.
- Software development with modern Web frameworks like React, Pyramid or similar.
- Software development and operational experience with databases (SQL, NoSQL).
- Experience in designing and implementing API services in a service oriented architecture.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Technical understanding of complex distributed systems
- Delivery of scale-out service solutions
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, LXD, Kubernetes, DC/OS etc)
- Programming with and operating various databases, ie. PostgreSQL, InfluxDB
- Working knowledge of devops/system administration
- Experience working in an environment that utilizes a metrics-driven approach to prioritization.
- Knowledge of the Go language
- Experience in working with backend API services
- Experience with HTML/CSS technologies and tooling.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/canonical/jobs/1265139