Full Stack Engineer - 100% Remote - Canada Canada - Remote
We are 350+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2019. Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Who is Sonatype?
At Sonatype, we believe in the power of distributed organizations. So, when it comes to hiring, we don't limit ourselves by recruiting in specific locations. We are 300+ employees that hail from 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. Just like this role, our design team is fully remote. Our designers work as part of multi-disciplinary teams that balance the thinking required to understand complex problems with the hard work and flexibility required to get high quality working software into the hands of our customers.
What do we do?
Sonatype is the leader in software supply chain automation technology with over 1,000 enterprise customers, and is trusted by more than 10 million software developers. Sonatype enables teams and developers to automatically integrate security at every stage of the modern development pipeline by combining in-depth component intelligence with real-time remediation guidance. We are expanding our Nexus team, responsible for unlocking insight from vast amounts of software component data, powering our suite of products enabling our customers from making informed and automated decisions in managing their software supply chain.
Who are you?
You are a talented Full Stack Engineer with excellent communication and problem-solving skills. You are passionate and self motivated in organizing your time and completing your work. You are responsive, flexible, and thrive in collaborative work environments. You have experience working in an agile development environment either Kanban or Scrum. You enjoy working with ambiguity and coming up with fresh approaches to each problem we are trying to solve
What do you bring?
- Deep software engineering experience; we primarily use Java and Apache Maven
- Knowledge and experience with Java technologies like OSGi, Guice, and Jersey
- Knowledge and experience with automated testing using Junit, Spock, Selenium
- Database and data manipulation skills working with relational or non-relational models (OrientDB, PostgreSQL and H2)
- Strong ability to select and integrate appropriate tools, frameworks, systems to build great solutions.
- Deep curiosity for how things work and desire to make them better.
- Curremtly reside in US, Canada or Columbia, and are legally authorized to work without sponsorship in the corresponding country.
Bonus Points if you:
Have experience with OrientDB, GroovyHave agile experience, specifically KanbanBring significant open source, including contributions to popular open source projectsWorked at company who used OKRs
What we offer:
- Full remote office. You work where you are, and a few times a year we will get together to celebrate our wins.
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know