Full Stack Developer Worldwide
Company: Remote Year
About Remote Year
Remote Year is a fast-growing global startup that focuses on changing peoples' stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the World is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything "remote"
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
About the Role
Remote Year’s searching for a full stack developer to help us invent, build and maintain a digital journey to compliment the life changing experience we offer.
Reporting into the Head of Technology you will work in a small agile team to deliver high quality applications. You should feel comfortable working autonomously and across a range of disciplines from full stack green field apps, contributing / modifying open source software and building integrations and scripts.
Your responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Develop, test and maintain our website, marketplace and future products of the company
- Research, recommend and improve technical platforms across the company
- Working across the full technical stack, approx 80% front end, 20% back end
- Design and build user interactions and animations on web and mobile pages
- Ensure cross-platform responsiveness of all products
- Work alongside the UI/UX team
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
- Design and develop internal and external APIs
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications, frameworks and programming languages
- 3+ years of experience in front end, back end or full stack developer roles.
- Expert level with React.
- Experience using the JAMSTACK.
- Experience with Next.js, React, Redux, GraphQL, Styled components (or similar).
- Experience with Node.js, Python and at least one OOP language.
- Experience with AWS.
- Ability with picking up new languages and frameworks quickly.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment on a fast-growing team.
- Experience working remotely
- Ability to work in a group environment as well as independently
- Ability to multitask, meet deadlines, delegate and work under pressure and stress required.
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.