Front End Engineer - Design Studio - 100% Remote United States - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds, that hail from more than 50 countries, and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we’re passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open source decision made by modern engineering organizations. We’re one of the fastest growing tech companies in America and have been named both a Deloitte Fast 500 and Inc. 5000 company three years in a row. We pride ourselves on being an open and supportive company, which is why we were named to Fast Company’s list of 50 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we’re very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
At Sonatype we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
You serve as a bridge between design and engineering. You bring an engineer’s pattern thinking to systematizing designs and a designers eye for fit and finish and empathy for a user’s needs. You are a talented and experienced leader with exceptional problem-solving abilities, clear communication skills, and solid design instincts who can translate business and technology needs into delightful, clean customer-focused solutions.
You are a self-starter who brings original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on. You are responsive, flexible, and thrive in collaborative work environments. You are passionate about the holistic product view, and are an omnipresent voice for the customer.
What do you bring
- Proficiency in the following:
- Web Standards (HTML5, CSS3 [transitions, animations, behaviors])
- CSS Compilation (SASS, Webpack)
- ARIA & accessibility best practices
- Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, Visual Testing
- Detailed knowledge of cross-browser UI issues
Ability to clearly communicate innovation and design concepts to clients and colleagues using the methods & tools that best illustrate them Strong collaboration skills to work with cross-functional delivery teams on projects Actively participate in brainstorming, user testing, and client feedback activities with users, clients, and team members Basic experience with design tools, such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Zeplin, Adobe, etc.
Requirements to apply:
- A portfolio of work that shows us how you solve problems.
- 5+ years of experience as a Front End Engineer, Web Developer, Design Technologist or comparable role
What We Offer
- The opportunity to be part of an incredible, high-growth company, working on a team of experienced colleagues
- Competitive salary package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Business casual dress
- Flexible work schedules that ensure time for you to be you
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators
- Glassdoor ranking of 4.9
- Come see why we've won all of these awards
Sonatype is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.